Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to the Titan Group

I have appx. 1500 miles on my new LE Crew and am noticing that every day after starting my truck (cold) that the oil pressure goes al the way to HIGH for I felt an unusually long time.
I let it idle for a few minutes before hitting the road and notice this still for a short time.

Any thoughts or is this typical for the 5.6?

hamop

G

·
It's typical for the Titan and just about all other vehicles that I've owned. Now if your pressure is High after driving for a while then I would drop by the dealership.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, this is normal for a mechanical pump to do this. Look at where your rpms are when you first start it (close to 1000). Now when it warms up it drops to ~600rpms, hence the oil pressure will drop also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm noticing the same thing. It has been really cold here lately. Whenever I accelerate for the first 1/2 hour of driving the oil pressure goes straight to high. It calms down after awhile but still gets high when the rpm's get beyond around 2500. Otherwise it's right in the middle when idling and moving steady on the highway. Is this also normal?? I will be questioning the dealer when I bring it for it's first oil change. I just want to make sure that I don't have to bring it in earlier.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
SEMassTitan said:
I'm noticing the same thing. It has been really cold here lately. Whenever I accelerate for the first 1/2 hour of driving the oil pressure goes straight to high. It calms down after awhile but still gets high when the rpm's get beyond around 2500. Otherwise it's right in the middle when idling and moving steady on the highway. Is this also normal?? I will be questioning the dealer when I bring it for it's first oil change. I just want to make sure that I don't have to bring it in earlier.
It's all perfectly normal, no reason to worry. The reason it's reacting different from previous vehicles you might have owned is because it's a direct reading gauge and sensor. Another words what you see is actually what's happening, whereas most manufacturers use a sensor that has "dead band" in it so it always looks the same with little movement.

Does this help any??

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mine hasn't done this at all since I put in some Pennzoil 10W-30 synthetic blend. Oil pressure gauge stays at normal all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts