Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a few seconds. I always change my oil at 2700-3000miles, using mobile 1 5w30 and nissan oil filters from courtesyparts.com, right now i have about 53k miles. About a month ago, i posted that my oil pressure would go up an down when stoped, called dissan and they said it was my oil pressure sensor, they changed it and it got a little better. But now it has that weird noise, what do you guys think? since im out of warrenty range does this mean im screwed? LOL Thanks for reading.

E

·
Registered
933 Posts
We have 5 years 60 thousand on motor and drive train I beleive.Or is that 50 thousand.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
You are probably hearing the timing chains. They are tensioned by a hydraulic actuator, powered by engine oil pressure. They can bleed down after the engine sits for a while, so when you start up the chains are loose. As soon as engine oil pressure comes up the actuators tighten the chains, and the noise goes away.
It is nothing to worry about.
Be sure you keep using an oil filter that has an anti-drain valve in it, such as the Nissan OEM. This helps prevent the oil draining from the actuators.

Reactions: benbrooktitan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted this photo because I have a ticking sound while the engine is cold on the driver side. I snapped a picture of the head where the exhaust manifold is for cylinder closest to the firewall. Does that look like an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I posted this photo because I have a ticking sound while the engine is cold on the driver side. I snapped a picture of the head where the exhaust manifold is for cylinder closest to the firewall. Does that look like an exhaust leak?
Could be a cylinder issue. Nissan are replacing Titan motors at least once a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts