Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone here takes a moment today to remember. 3 years is not very long ago, and I for one think that alot in this nation have forgotten what happened. We can never forget 9-11-01, and we can't forget our troops serving abroad fighting terror. Politics aside, today more than ever, our country needs to look united in front of the rest of the world. I hope with each year, the victims families suffering eases.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
You are exactly right. You know I don't know why but when I woke up and got on the computer that was the first thing I thought about was that it was 9/11. Please remember what happened and pray it never happens again. I can only hope that if something like this happened where I live that I could be as brave as the cops and firemen who rushed in to help those trapped in buildings. Lots of men woman and children lost their lives today for no good reason. May they never be forgotten.
M4ck

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The events of that day are still fresh in my memory. Godspeed to all our fighting forces that stand in harms way. And thanks to all those that have nobly served our nation.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sr2 said:
I couldn't agree more. The events of that day are still fresh in my memory.
Titan and I were in our 4th day of K9 training together on 9-11-01. We were in the kennels that morning when I received a call from a friend who works for a police agency in Maryland. She said in a frantic voice to turn on the news. I watched in horror with my fellow officers as the 1st tower stood there burning. I remember the news reporters were saying they thought it might be an accident. One of my fellow officers in training was attached to a helicopter unit and advised us that there was “no way it was an accident”. It wasn’t more than 20 seconds later the 2nd plane hit. We all sat there with the feeling of helplessness. There was nothing we could do to change what had happened.

One of my K9 Instructors was with VA-FEMA 1 and was activated to report to the Pentagon. She and her K9 partner were gone for more than a week. They waded through the rubble looking for “pieces” of people. I can’t even begin to imagine what she went through.

We train to protect the public. We go out every day with the understanding that we may never see our families again. Those Police and Firefighters knew the risks and gave their all and we should never forget the price they paid. It’s a price we can never repay!

Support our President and our troops!!!!!!

K9 Officer Marc Russell & K9 Titan

Ps,

I had a picture taken of Titan with an American flag as a tribute to the fallen men and women of 9-11. I have updated my website and you can view that picture if interested. The picture was scanned and didn't turn out that well, but it's the thought that counts. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts