Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing a Borla on a Titan I decided to switch out the Gibson muffler for a Borla. It's a 3' in and 2.25 dual out. I also ordered the 2.5' polished oval tips w/ clamps to replace the Gibson tips respectively.

The only thing is the existing Gibson piping after the muffler is 2.5 and the Borla outlets are 2.25.

I'll post sounds and pics when done.

O yeah this is another reason to dyno again to.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how much for the muffler?
ive heard borla exausts on other cars and there freakin LOUD! you need to get some sound clips after your done

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
how much for the muffler?
ive heard borla exausts on other cars and there freakin LOUD! you need to get some sound clips after your done
What's up Smoked...

I did some searching and the best price I found was $233.00 free shipping from nolimitmotorsport. Heck Borla wanted $260 and that was before shipping.

The polished tips were $61.99 each. Yeah I know pricey but it's already gonna be a Borla-Gibson hybrid exhaust system plus i really like the look of the Borla tips over the Gibson. Looks more "high speed", performance looking IMHO. You know that performane street truck look on a 4WD. 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've got the Borla muffler on my truck, and some people have asked for the sound clips. I'll try and get some soon, just been busy with life lately. :roll:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Ok...now that I quit starring at your Avatar I'll read the posts Fin.!! LoL 8O

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drmstlr66 said:
I've got the Borla muffler on my truck, and some people have asked for the sound clips. I'll try and get some soon, just been busy with life lately. :roll:
Hi drmstlr66,

What's your setup? Do you have the cat back or custom exhaust with the Borla muffler?
Is it the Turbo XL or another Borla?
Any drone at all?

Sorry about all the questions but not to many have the Borla and not allot has been reported regarding it on a Titan. Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Rossi said:
Ok...now that I quit starring at your Avatar I'll read the posts Fin.!! LoL 8O
Rossi you like uh... 8) She pretty popular :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
$233 for the muffler, ouch :? . although it is alot cheaper then there cat-back system at almost $800 8O Borla is the best though and you get what you pay for :wink: :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
$233 for the muffler, ouch :? . although it is alot cheaper then there cat-back system at almost $800 8O Borla is the best though and you get what you pay for :wink: :D
Thanks for the support. My wallet needs it. After hearing one on the Endurance I had to have one.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
cant wait to hear yours........unless its going to make me want to get one, then mabye i wont listen to it :lol: J/K

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just getting ready to post that too... :D

It is not loud at all under light driving and cruising speeds. At cruise, it is only slightly louder than stock. WOT, is VERY nice. I hope to do some WOT runs with the camera in the truck with me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Man

kytitan said:
That sounds nice finnattic.
Doesn't it. Made me order one. :wink:

Cperki1 said:
I was just getting ready to post that too... :D

It is not loud at all under light driving and cruising speeds. At cruise, it is only slightly louder than stock. WOT, is VERY nice. I hope to do some WOT runs with the camera in the truck with me.
You are the man for posting that and you sir are responsible for my impulsive swapping of my exhaust. :)

I believe that's one of the first clips of a Borla on a Titan and I really appreciate it.

The Turbo XL came in today and I'll attempt to get it installed tomorrow time permitting and will post clips to.

Thanks again Cperki1... 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts