Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered new exhaust last week. Should be here sometime this week. The exhaust I ordered was the Banks Monster Exhaust. Once installed I will post photos and try to get a video.

Has anyone else installed the Banks Monster Exhaust on their titan? If so do you like the performance gain and the sound of it? I have already seen a lot of good reviews, would like to get more opinions.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The Banks has a good sound. Most have experienced a slight loss of torque at low RPM due to the large 3" Y pipe.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Banks has a good sound. Most have experienced a slight loss of torque at low RPM due to the large 3" Y pipe.
Yes I have been reading that as well, but are gaining it back in top end. I would think a CAI would fix that problem so your not losing much, or even putting a tuner on the truck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i installed my banks not too long ago and i didnt seem to loose any low end power. though i havent towed with the new exhaust yet. the only other mod i have is a nismo CAI. the sound is amazing for a bot on catback. you will love it.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what did it cost you?
Bigdog, the cost was $567 from autoanything.com which includes shipping.

VK56, I did notice a loss in low end torque, but not much, I also noticed a gain in the high end.

Overall I would highly recommend this exhaust to anyone I come across. The sound is a deep sound which is what I was looking for. The cabin drone is not to bad, if at all cruising at 75mph on the highway. In the city I did loose mpg, but only by 1mpg thats because my heavy foot, on the highway I actually gained 2mpg which I was AMAZED as long as I keep it on cruise and remember I live in Florida so I don't have to deal with mountains and hills. Install was a breeze because my truck was new and I didn't have to worry about rust!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i like the muffler itself. i didnt' get the whole system because i bought the muffler of a member here. so i still have the smaller pipes. but no losses here. all gains.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered new exhaust last week. Should be here sometime this week. The exhaust I ordered was the Banks Monster Exhaust. Once installed I will post photos and try to get a video.

Has anyone else installed the Banks Monster Exhaust on their titan? If so do you like the performance gain and the sound of it? I have already seen a lot of good reviews, would like to get more opinions.

We have done a number of these, and yes, they give good sound, and we see roughly 12-16rwhp from them.

Get us a vid when you're done with it.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have done a number of these, and yes, they give good sound, and we see roughly 12-16rwhp from them.

Get us a vid when you're done with it.
Relentless, I will try to get a vid this afternoon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey man next time your down toward Hamilton area let me know I'd like to hear this! I have a bullet set-up and I was thinking about getting just a banks muffler. PM me your cell number and I'll send you a text for mine. congrats on the exhaust, glad you like it:)

Ps: I think I passed you the other day on RT4 but it could have been anther T with exhaust. Not too many around here though. Do you have the timing advance? I'd be glad to do it for you for free:) Then you have to go to the track this spring to help me represent though. LOL

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey man next time your down toward Hamilton area let me know I'd like to hear this! I have a bullet set-up and I was thinking about getting just a banks muffler. PM me your cell number and I'll send you a text for mine. congrats on the exhaust, glad you like it:)

Ps: I think I passed you the other day on RT4 but it could have been anther T with exhaust. Not too many around here though. Do you have the timing advance? I'd be glad to do it for you for free:) Then you have to go to the track this spring to help me represent though. LOL
Deerslayer where are you located? I am in the Sarasota, FL area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Deerslayer where are you located? I am in the Sarasota, FL area.
Oops, there is a guy over at TT that has almost the same name as you. LOL sorry

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oops, there is a guy over at TT that has almost the same name as you. LOL sorry
No problem, but I do tend on posting photos and maybe a video later this week so stay posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts