Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I own a 2008 titan LE with the overhead DVD console. The Outer plastic "shell" has broken from the bracket. I am using bunji cords to hold the unit up there, because I was afraid to disconnect anything. I have taken this to the dealer for repair, and I was told I need to replace the entire console. (including the dvd, lights, ect.) They told me $ 1,500.00 just to buy the unit, not includeing installation.

my questions are;
1. Is this true? Do I really need to replace the entire unit for just one broken cover?

2. If not, how do I go about finding another cover, and where would I take it to get repaired?

Thank you for all of your help and advice.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hello:

I own a 2008 titan LE with the overhead DVD console. The Outer plastic "shell" has broken from the bracket. I am using bunji cords to hold the unit up there, because I was afraid to disconnect anything. I have taken this to the dealer for repair, and I was told I need to replace the entire console. (including the dvd, lights, ect.) They told me $ 1,500.00 just to buy the unit, not includeing installation.

my questions are;
1. Is this true? Do I really need to replace the entire unit for just one broken cover?

2. If not, how do I go about finding another cover, and where would I take it to get repaired?

Thank you for all of your help and advice.
You have more than 36k miles I'll assume if it's not covered. The entire console is around that much but it's just the console, not the light DVD etc. Try this link..

http://www.partswebsite.com/nissanp...d=30179&subcatid=33722&section=124&type=parts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found a way to repair overhead console

I too had my overhead console come down unexpectedly in my 2010 Armada Platinum. I placed 2 Coors Light bottle caps over what was left of the plastic anchor tube and super-glued them. Then I drilled holes through the bottle caps and reattached the console. Worked well so far.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts