Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple pic's of my Titan with overhead racks installed. Install took about an hour and was pretty easy to do. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Thats sweet. My brothers and I are thinking about buying a Biiiigg conoe this spring and I would need something like that to haul it. Do you guys know if this could be used on Titans without the track system in the bed.
M4ck

·
Registered
71 Posts
m4ck said:
Thats sweet. My brothers and I are thinking about buying a Biiiigg conoe this spring and I would need something like that to haul it. Do you guys know if this could be used on Titans without the track system in the bed.
M4ck
Nope ....

Although they are made to look as if they are sitting on the bed rails ... they are acually bearing on the upper utilitrak channels ...

And it is actually the strength of the channel that causes them to only be rated for 125# each ....

There are other brands that are supported differently ... but since hauling the canoe is prolly gonna be a somewhat rare occurence ... why not look into something like this ?

http://www.extendatruck.com/

:D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Bill_N said:
m4ck said:
M4ck
Nope ....

Although they are made to look as if they are sitting on the bed rails ... they are acually bearing on the upper utilitrak channels ...

And it is actually the strength of the channel that causes them to only be rated for 125# each ....

There are other brands that are supported differently ... but since hauling the canoe is prolly gonna be a somewhat rare occurence ... why not look into something like this ?

http://www.extendatruck.com/

:D
Good idea but no where near as cool looking. LOL
Thanks for the link though. Thats probably more affordable too.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
BiXLL said:
m4ch, I want pictures of you and your brother in a canoe!
Brother's all 3 of us.
LOL dont start.
its going to be a 1200 lb limit on it. We want to be able to carry some gear as well. LOL
M4ck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts