Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, A week ago I had my truck at the stealership, my alternator pulley and shaft was making noise, and seizing from time to time, it was replaced with the UCA's and stabilizer bar end links, which were all replaced under extended warranty. Upon getting the truck out, I uploaded my Uprev tune back on. Mind you, the truck was running fine, no overheating issues at all.

So this past week, I turned on the AC and noticed the temp going up to the Oh sh#t line, so I turned it off, opened the plastic reservoir cap to alleviate the pressure, and noticed that there was bubbles rising up, so I thought, why would there be air in my system, it did not do it before. So I went ahead bleed out the system, still doing it. Friday, I changed the thermostat, replacing it with a 170* one, but if I remember correctly, our thermostats are supposed to have a hole on them and placed in a certain way, I bleed the system out, and let it run with the AC one, temp needle did not move past the normal area, so I go out on Saturday, and boom it does the same thing idling with the ac on, give it gas and the needle starts to go back down, but rises back up again, I turned off the AC and head back home to flush the system and rebleed the system. I monitor my engine temp while using cipher, with the AC on idling, it gets up to 221*, and the needle was at half and climbing to the 3/4 hot on the stock temp gauge, and with it off it hovered at 191*. I checked the radiator for leaks, any blockage nothing, checked the fan clutch spinned it counter clock wise and it still has some resistance, and the electric fan does kick in. Oh and I have a C1142, looked it up and it says a pressure switch on 2 wheel models, I have a 4X4.

Now question is, when removing the alternator, would there be any reason to remove any radiator hoses, or alter anything in the cooling system, just want to have all my ducks in a row before I take it to them and complain about it, since it was nothing doing this before I took it in.

Sorry to make it long, but any input and thoughts are greatly appreciated, and Happy memorial day to you all.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
04Titanss thank you for the response. I do believe it might be the fan clutch, before, when I accelerated it, you could hear that clutch turn the fan faster, but now, I don't feel it pushing the fan faster. I am going to have to take it to the dealer and see what they say, I still have about 1500 miles of warranty left, and a new fan clutch is worth 140.00 and my deductible is 75.00.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Is the electric fan running?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is SCR38. it turns on when he AC is on, and stays on until the temp goes down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts