Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it will turn over but not crank at times. i keep turning key off an on till it does crank. once cranked it runs fine. does any know where the park/neutral safety switch is. tried to buy one at autozone and they said i had to try nissan. also said the ecm had to be replaced too with the switch

·
Registered
8 Posts
2006 Titan SE Crew Cab 4x4 270,000 miles. Not sure about the code because my light was always on because of the infamous cracked exhaust manifold but here's my story.
Struggled with the same symptoms for about 2 years. Never was stranded but several times thought I was. In the last days would rapidly turn key from run to start 10 to 20 times before it would engage starter.
After watching several DiY on the "tube" finally got a new starter and took 3 hours to replace it. Starter is under intake manifold! Plenty of knowledge on here about this. Never checked with shop to see price but it's surely $$$. I purchased starter from the "prime" store for $100. Gasket set from "*bay" you'll also need a little fuel line removal tool. This is the video I watched. Very thorough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a post on how the starter had noise that was causing crankshaft sensor to read wrong. In your reply you mentioned later on you had to crank it several times before starter engaged. Mine engages. Was wondering your engaged early on then stopped. Thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine would not make any noise except for a click coming from right side under dash. Lights would not dim or anything. The starter solenoid is/was the likely cause and the repeated energizing of the starting signal finally makes it connect voltage to starter motor.
I saw a post on how the starter had noise that was causing crankshaft sensor to read wrong. In your reply you mentioned later on you had to crank it several times before starter engaged. Mine engages. Was wondering your engaged early on then stopped. Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts