Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help! I recently gave a gun holster away in a gun forum "Karma". I picked the guys name out of a hat, and emailed him to inform him he won. I told him to e-mail his address to me, and I would send it out. Well he sent me an e-mail, but when I try to open it, my system just seems to go into nuetral. It is trying to open it, but nothing happens, and the only way I can get out of the screen is to ctrl/alt/del. I was able to navigate all the other e-mails in my inbox.......untill I deleted the message above his. Now, everytime I go into my inbox, it is trying to open that email, and everything is basicly frozen. What do I do? How do I get rid of that e-mail from my in box?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(hurry, I am getting this huge urge to launch this technicle piece of ......)

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cmon fellas (and gals) I need advice here!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
It won't let you just delete it.
????
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to click on it to delete it. As soon as I click on it, everything freezes

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Its gotta be outlook or something if its lockin him up like that. I am trying to find where the files are stored on the computer so he can delete it. GIve me a few minutes.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
The problem is that as soon as he hilights it it locks up.
M4ck

G

·
0 Posts
If the email has a corrupt header then it can cause issues like this. Any way you can forward the email to another webmail account and look at it that way?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly! Untill I got another e-mail that is on top of it on the list, I could do nothing! When I opened inbox, it tried to go to the top one on the list which was the problem one. Now that I have other e-mails above it, I am ok, but don't know how to get it out of my inbox. In order to do it, I need to highlight it, then hit delete. Problem is, as soon as I highlight it, it locks up!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
firecracker said:
try what I said above, select the message above it, it, and the one below it. then delete. Now you can go into your "deleted" messages and read the other two if you need to.
Your not understanding me. I can open and read all the other messages fine. It is just that one message, and no matter what I want to do with it, delete, forward anything, I have to highlite it first, as soon as I highlite it (just that 1 message) it locks up.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
BiXLL said:
firecracker said:
try what I said above, select the message above it, it, and the one below it. then delete. Now you can go into your "deleted" messages and read the other two if you need to.
Your not understanding me. I can open and read all the other messages fine. It is just that one message, and no matter what I want to do with it, delete, forward anything, I have to highlite it first, as soon as I highlite it (just that 1 message) it locks up.

I think I see what you're talking about, try highlighting more that just THAT one message....... :?:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
First you will need this file this will let you read .dbx files which are the files that your emails are stored in for outlook to open. http://www.mailnavigator.com/mailbox_reader.html
Then you need to make sure that you can see hidden files and folders. Open your my computer then at top click on Tools/ then Folder Options/ then click the View tab. scroll down and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is checked then click Apply and Ok.
Next click Start / Search / search for *.dbx it will find like 4 files. Right click the one that says inbox.dbx and open file with the program you installed. It will let you delete any of the emails on your drive with it. it will also read them or reply to messages or whatever you need to do.
Let me know if this helps
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Bill call me if you need help.
Josh

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pm your number to me again, I can't find it