Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to remove the paint on my steering wheel controls,it has came off pretty bad on the left side,is there a chem. i can use ,and not melt the plastic,I kind of like the look of just the black control switches.Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
i just did this on mine last week. I used paint thinner on a micro fiber towel and just rubbed it off. tape around the plastic piece so you wont get it on the actual steering wheel.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,I went to home depot ,and said that they thought some chem. would melt the plastic.so just normal paint thinner,i will try that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like them black,most of the paint has come off the left side.just would like to clean them up and make them look better,if not i will paint them.well the first paint thinner did not work,may need to go to something different ,but i will work on itand see happens.

·
Registered
366 Posts
it works just need some rubbing. i left the natural glossy black plastic color. why paint it black or any other color if its just going to rub off again. try some nail polish remover if you have some on hand.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
my spelling may be off here but. no acetone nail polish remover. it will melt it away quickly.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah,tried acetone bad idea! melted plastic too.i will try the the thinner again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts