Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose anyone know why when i am stoped and i do NOT have the parking break on, it turns on for about a second when i have a really good take off at WOT. it dose that everytime i get on it really hard from a stop. even sometimes when i am at about 25-28ish and punch it in 1st...as soon as it takes off the light comes on.

could it be something with thw abs because that light is on all the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
you may be low on fluid. past vehicles ive had, that was the warning light for low fluid. if i took a corner fast, or something the light would flicker on, when i was low on fluid.

it was just enough force to make the fluid slosh around in the tank and set off the light

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
It probably is low brake fluid, as beason said. The fluid must be all the way to the full line.
If the fluid id low you need to check your brake pads for wear, or you may have a leak.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It probably is low brake fluid, as beason said. The fluid must be all the way to the full line.
If the fluid id low you need to check your brake pads for wear, or you may have a leak.
Actaully it doesn't HAVE to be always at the full line.

A good way to check brake pad wear is to let the fluid do its thing - As the pads wear down, the fluid goes down to fill in the calipers. I agree to keep enough in the system but as long as it's in the overflow tank, you're good.

Plus mixing new brake fluid with old isn't doing much good except for turning that brake/slip/abs light off. If moisture or mostly old fluid is still in the system, it's going to act like the old system and allow the fluid to still overheat earlier or compress thus giving you post new brake power.

Anywho, check the pads (the fronts will probably go through two sets before the back goes - sometiems) an top off the brake fluid if low as the lights will come on when the sensor reaches a dry spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.