Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? The pass side door opens and close shut ok but as it opens it appears to have loose hinges compared to the drivers door. this is the passengers back door on a 2009 titan extended cab.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This doesn't exactly address the problem you stated but at about a year after I purchased my new 2004 Titan KC, I noticed that the driver's side front door seems to droop a bit since the reveal was a good bit wider at the top of the front door near the roofline than the rear door.

By comparison, the passenger side doors showed a consistent reveal width along the top of both doors near the roofline. I used this comparison between the driver side doors and passenger side doors to point out this apparent flaw to the dealer service writer.

The service agreed there was a problem and kept my truck in order to have the Nissan regional rep to inspect it. The Nissan rep approved for my truck to be taken to an outside body shop for adjustment. Upon the return of my truck, whatever the body shop did to my drivers side doors remedied the gap differences in the reveal lines and five years later the fix still holds.

Similarly, perhaps a body shop can be of help since your truck is still under warranty.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have you checked to make sure that none of the nuts that secure the door to the hingles are loose? You never know, may be just a few loose nuts that need to be tightened.

·
Registered
317 Posts
considering it so new...corrosion or lack of lube is outta the question, it will most likely need shims to correct that. probably feels looser on that side because its angled down slightly. or it could simply be then lean of your truck. with an empty tank, the truck will have a lean to the passenger side to compensate the weight when its full.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i am not describing this problem correctly. I guess this is one of those situations to where you would just have to personnally see it. I think I will just pretend everything is ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts