Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings forum lurkers...

I'm a new truck owner, 2010 LE Crew Cab. First Pickup - and damn nice! Shoulda done it years ago. Coming out of a 1996 BMW 750iL with 251k miles... Switched from a land-yacht to the Titan because I now live out in the country and last year's winter was too brutal for the Beemer - surprisingly.

Any rate, I love the truck, but the stinkin' key chime is driving me nuts!!! What's the secret to disabling just the key chime? I really don't want to kill the other warnings. I've searched but nothing. I'm pretty sure this is a popular mod as annoying as this issue is...

You can see from the previous ride that I'm liable to keep the truck for a long time. I'll also probably be changing my own oil & filter, just so's I know it's done right with all the bolts back in the skidplate, etc.

Kind regards,
Petrolero

·
Registered
746 Posts
Key chime? You mean the horn going off every time you lock the doors? Hold the lock and unlock buttons down together until the lights blinks then release both buttons. Done. To enable the horn again, repeat the same process. Congrats on the Titan and welcome to Club Titan.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If by key chime you mean the chime when you leave the key in the ignition, you're SOL...lol...sorry. There's no way to kill it. And congrats on the new toy. The LE is a nice machine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome & Congrats! I want to say(don't quote me) that if you have the nav system you can disarm the horn / lights when locking by using that to set your preference. I thought I remember seeing that when playing around with it.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Easy way to stop the key chime - Take out the key!:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome to the Club...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts