Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Nissan has a marketing department? I attended the Philadelphia Auto Show as I have nearly every year for about the last ten years or so. Back in 2007 Nissan showed the Titan chassis with the cutaway engine, and that is when I became interested in the Titan. In 08 the Titan was electrified so you could see the new guages, and it was full of accessories, including the bed step. In 09 if I recall, Nissan skipped the show as did a number of manufacturers. Last year, I skipped Philly and went to the New York show instead, where a Heavy Metal Titan was on display. This year, Nissan's display was located at the far right corner of the main hall, walled off and difficult to find. What was remarkable was what was not there -- no GTR, no Xterra, no Armada, no new NV (Nissan Van) and no Titan. (One modified GTR was in the DUB room.) There was only one of each model of those displayed. The singular Leaf was locked up. Only one Frontier. Nissan's display was not the worst, however. Infiniti's was by far the worst. It was in a dark side room. Nissan and Infinity were not passing out literature. In both cases, if you wanted a catalog, you had to go to the back of the room and ask someone at the desk, who then took your name and address so they could mail you a catalog. Every other auto company had at least something to take with you to read or look at later. The show runs through next Sunday, Feb. 6. Ford, Ram (formerly Dodge), Jeep, Chevy, GMC and Toyota had strong truck displays with several trucks in each model line. But not a single Titan to be seen.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Why am I NOT surprised. Their ads on tv were pretty aggressive a long time ago when they used to use the "Dogs loves trucks" campaign. But non-exsistent now. Its like their giving up on the current Titan platform and hoping the all new Titan "that supposed to be coming in 2014" will resurrect slumping sales. Like I said before, Nissans marketing dept has been furloughed until further notice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.