Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enclosed are a few photos of my Titan's present "True Dual" FlowTech glasspack exhaust balanced by a Magnaflow x-pipe. I had it installed a few months ago using "crush bend" 2.25 aluminized pipes I am very happy with the "seat of the pants" low end torque gain coupled with my DIY air box mod (I wish I knew how to enclose sound clips as exhaust sounds are "NASCAR-like") however, I already have plans on turning it up a few notches at the end of the month by installing similar dual system using larger 2.5 inch, mandrel bend 304SS pipes, all polished stainless steel "Ractive" straight flow scavenger muffler, X-pipe and SS tips that exit infront of the right rear tire (ala F-Lightning). I will post install photos of this new system here & at my www link below.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice setup Gr8! Can't wait to hear it.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Very nice looking I like the purple. You can upload sound clips as attachments here just like you do with photos. They have to be MP3 format though.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
looks nice, do yuo feel any power gains or losses?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
looks nice, do yuo feel any power gains or losses?
Gains? Based on my "seat of the pant" dyno, quicker torque acquisition at lower RPMS. Losses? I really can't tell as there is so much power in this truck throughout the RPM band. All I know is that sound alone scares "would be" red light drag racers and the improved throttle response embarasses them when they catch up with me at the next light.

I'll try to post some sound clips.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Very nice gr8titan.......can't imagine how LOUD it must be.. 8O

Just a thought though, since you mentioned you're redoing the system. That X-Pipe will do a better job of scavenging the closer it is to the manifolds. Are you going w/ a dual muff setup again, or is the Ractive muff a dual in/dual out setup??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockyMtnTitan said:
Very nice gr8titan.......can't imagine how LOUD it must be.. 8O

Just a thought though, since you mentioned you're redoing the system. That X-Pipe will do a better job of scavenging the closer it is to the manifolds. Are you going w/ a dual muff setup again, or is the Ractive muff a dual in/dual out setup??
Rocky,
This system is LOUD between 1000-3000 RPM! not in annoying way but authoritative way. Think of NASCAR pit-stop in your driveway.
I'm going to do the same system in 2.5 in (vs old 2.25) and Mandrel bend (vs. crush bend). I have a new X-pipe by Ractive (also 2.5) and the main purpose is to "equalilze" the exhaust pressure within both pipes before they hit the 2 mufflers.. to achieve even muffling and maintain/slightly increase low end torque.
My goals with this new system: To eliminate the slight drone between 1500-2000 RPM, Show quality system and hopefully increase my low end torque. Check out www.usantonio.com/nissan4x4p2A.htm to see my Ractive exhaust parts waiting to be put together. I'll keep this club posted of the developemnt of this project.
PEACE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts