Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this pic if it hasn't been posted here yet. Ran across it on another Titan forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
is that real? looks suspect to me. what do you think kytitan. Just something bothering me about it.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m4ck said:
is that real? looks suspect to me. what do you think kytitan. Just something bothering me about it.
M4ck
:wink: Can you say YEEEEEHAW.

:roll: Yeah, I don't know if it is real or not but its still crazy. They did say in the thread I got it from that the guy f****** his truck up bad.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Thats what I was thinking cause it doesnt look set up for that kind of thing. And its way way way up in the air. When he hit it would have messed it up bad. The whole front end woulda probably been destroyed.
Anyone got anymore info on this picture.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
From looking at it that guy lookds to be about 30 or more ft in the air that would be crazy.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Just go to the page then copy the link in the location bar on your browser then paste it here.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
hehe See how easy things are. LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
It looks legit to me. He's only a few feet off the ground if that. Notice the flag hanging off the back of the truck which is the law in the dunes. Also, it appears he jacked up the front driver side fender possibly right before he went airborne. Picture looks like it was extracted from a video. Must have been a Hell of a landing. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah I think he said that he had some steering problems after returning to the earths orbit. Oh kytitan this is bigbear05 from the other forum. Didn't know you were here too.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttammunek04 said:
Oh kytitan this is bigbear05 from the other forum. Didn't know you were here too.
Yeah I'm a forum whore I want all the info and pics. :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
sand is very forgiving in situations like that, 3 ft of air would be landable with posibly no damage other then a sand blasted bottom :lol:
did anybody see the shoot out in 04 on car and driver Tv where the titan won? did you guys see them jump the titan off a sand dune? they had about 3-4 foot of air under there test truck and did it repeatedly, with NO damage to the titan. they also jumped the ford and dodge with no damage to to the suspension, they just ripped up the front bumper on the dodge :lol:
trucks are tougher then you think in the sand

·
Registered
870 Posts

Ok, I know its not a Titan, but that was on stock 25 year old sagging springs, and that was the short jump, if I can ever find my video of the bigger jumps I'll post it. I didn't damage anything except I did have an unsecured battery fall out of the engine compartment between the tire and the fender, They told me I ran over the battery with the back tire but I don't believe them because I put the battery back in, fixed the tie downs and never had a problem with the battery. It was an Optima Red Top, and if I really did run it over, I have a whole lot more respect for gel-cell batteries.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Forum whore :lol: I like that.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
sand is very forgiving in situations like that, 3 ft of air would be landable with posibly no damage other then a sand blasted bottom :lol:
did anybody see the shoot out in 04 on car and driver Tv where the titan won? did you guys see them jump the titan off a sand dune? they had about 3-4 foot of air under there test truck and did it repeatedly, with NO damage to the titan. they also jumped the ford and dodge with no damage to to the suspension, they just ripped up the front bumper on the dodge :lol:
trucks are tougher then you think in the sand
i saw that show 1 week after i bought the titan, damn that made me a happy owner lol

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I think that pic was posted and discussed here shortly after I joined. Either that or it was on the other forum before I found this one. Either way, I agree it looks legit. I see the trashed front fender and have to wonder about the landing, even if it is sand. Probably Dad's truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts