Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased Feb 28 2005. I finanly got it and drove home that same night leaving the Dealership at 9:30pm.
Let the MODS begin !!!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Another one in the fold. You'll love it. Keep us posted on the mods.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
By the emblems on the side I would judge it to be an 04 but the Rims appear to be charcoal. Maybe it was just the light. I want those charcoal rims on my Titan....

·
Registered
502 Posts
SimplyTitan said:
By the emblems on the side I would judge it to be an 04 but the Rims appear to be charcoal. Maybe it was just the light. I want those charcoal rims on my Titan....
Just says it was purchased in 05. Does have the 04 badging.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hey Man.... Nice Truck!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
SimplyTitan said:
I have an extra set of the 5 spoke LE wheels that I think will look great powdercoated black, do that and get rid of all the chrome on the truck and I'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
33 Posts
NateL, I have an XE and just bought a set of SE wheels.
I've read bad things about powdercoating wheels due to the 400 degree heat making them brittle.

Let me know if you've found anything different.

·
Registered
870 Posts
it will be a while before I get anything done with them, the wife won't let me by new tires for the Titan until it needs them because I just bought a set of swampers for my other truck.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
SimplyTitan said:
Looks like an '04 with Brake Dust on the rims! LOL!

·
Registered
33 Posts
NateL said:
it will be a while before I get anything done with them, the wife won't let me by new tires for the Titan until it needs them because I just bought a set of swampers for my other truck.
I'm going to call around a couple of places locally. Info on the net is kind of all over the place on this. There are some places that claim to do lower temp powdercoating. Not sure if it's as durable.

I'm looking to do the powdercoating by Spring or find someone within a reasonable distance that doesn't like the charcoal colored 05 SE wheels.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
TOK said:
I've read bad things about powdercoating wheels due to the 400 degree heat making them brittle.

I had 5 different sets of wheels that I had powder coated over the years and I have never had a problem with any of them. :)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
TOK said:

I had 5 different sets of wheels that I had powder coated over the years and I have never had a problem with any of them. :)
I believe the Difference Using "Cast" Aluminum, instead of "Billet" would cause them to be Brittle.
-Or, is it the "other way Around"? :beating: LOL

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Tattoomee said:
QWIKWHIP said:
TOK said:

I believe the Difference Using "Cast" Aluminum, instead of "Billet" would cause them to be Brittle.
-Or, is it the "other way Around"? :beating: LOL
All the ones I've had done are "cast" which is technically the inferior method. And I had no problems. Oh, and mysetitan, sorry to jack your thread. :) The truck looks great! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Quik, I'll call around and see if I can find someone local and see if they've done wheels and what they have to say.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, okay.. it is an 04' but I got a awesome deal on it. well at least i think I did. 28K OTD with Tax & Lic comes with Popular Package, Tow Package, Spray on bed liner & the Utility Rack thing.. I dont exactly remember what else.. Was it a good deal or not? if not let me know so I can bug the crap our to the salesman and get me some free stuff :lol:
Mahh badd on such a late respond. I'm still learning how to navigate around here.

Ohh and yeah I think that was brake dust on the wheels... :lol:

Thanks

Attach is the a pic of my truck sitting on 26" Forged wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
mysetitan said:
Purchased Feb 28 2005. I finanly got it and drove home that same night leaving the Dealership at 9:30pm.
Let the MODS begin !!!!! :D :D :D

Chalk another one up for da good guys!!! Congratulations on your new toy and welcome to the club. Happy modding!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts