Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both at home and at work, the pictures in threads will not open when I click on them. All I get is a new blank window. Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
HavockWK said:
Both at home and at work, the pictures in threads will not open when I click on them. All I get is a new blank window. Any ideas?
I betting that you are running a "pop-up" blocker that is preventing a new window from opening in which to view the pic ....

Just a guess ...

Also ... if you are running XP ... and have Service Pack 2 installed ... it has a pop-up blocker built into it ....

:D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bill_N said:
HavockWK said:
I betting that you are running a "pop-up" blocker that is preventing a new window from opening in which to view the pic ....

Just a guess ...

Also ... if you are running XP ... and have Service Pack 2 installed ... it has a pop-up blocker built into it ....

I just noticed this also. The window does open, just nothing shows up??

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
BiXLL said:
Not sure what to say, no problems here?
You know, I bet your right about the blockers. I just noticed that they do work on my laptop at home were I am now. I noticed that Yesterday my PC at work does not show the pics but I just got a new PC at work on Thursday. When I get back to work monday I'll have to see if there are some different blockers on that PC. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill_N said:
HavockWK said:

Just a guess ...

Yes to the pop-up blocker, but no to that being the problem. With the pop-up blocker enabled, it still instatiates a new window with a URL like this: http://www.clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=822 but the URL does not produce an image.

Just to test the theory, I disabled the pop-up blocker by holding the CTL key and had the same results. Then I went a step further and completely disabled the pop-up blocker all together and still got the same results: New blank window.

Home = XP SP2 with pop-up enabled (this is where I just tested)

Work = W2K Pro SP4

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmmmmm .....

That URL doesn't produce an image for me either ....

What is the thread that generated that URL ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill_N said:
Hmmmmm .....

That URL doesn't produce an image for me either ....

What is the thread that generated that URL ?

That one was from the club decal thread. But that format is the same for every image I click on, just the download ID changes.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I assume you are all using IE because it does that on my dads computer as well and he runs IE. Do me a favor guys and try out Firefox by Mozilla. Its the best browser available in my opinion and the only one I use. I try to tell everyone about it. Great built in popupblocker which can be told to allow from certain sites. Very easy to use. Microsoft pretty much sucks in my opinion but that is a whole other story. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ go here to download for free. You can import your favorites and use it instead of IE. You would be doing yourself a favor.
M4ck

G

·
OK m4ck, after all this time of you prodding me, I finally did it. BUT, how do I add spell check? You don't want me posting without spell check, trust me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts