Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm interested in what my truck would look like without the factory emblems/decals, so I took a few pics today, then did an amatuer fudge job on the computer. I'm not sure which will look better, just trying to weigh it out. It will be different for shore if I end up doing it. I also tried to imitate some black side moldings, but it wasn't going very well so I left it at this.

What is your opinion, Better/Worse?

Thanks a Ton!!!

Chief

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
side shots look good without emblems but I would leave the nissan signs and the titan emblem on so pepole know what they got blown away by :p . 5.6 emblem will let them know that its not a little rice burner under the hood :wink: .

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I like the emblems/badges. I don't understand people removing them myself????

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Either way is good to me its still the baddest 1/2 ton on the street. Its all about personal preference. Do what makes you happy don't worry bout what anyone else thinks. If we worried about what others always think this world would be pretty borring.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
m4ck said:
Either way is good to me its still the baddest 1/2 ton on the street. Its all about personal preference. Do what makes you happy don't worry bout what anyone else thinks. If we worried about what others always think this world would be pretty borring.
M4ck
I second THAT!!

Looks good, by the way.....VERY CLEAN looking :!:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. It is all about what I think. If we were the type that went for status quo and what most people thought was hot and popular we probably wouldn't own this truck.

I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be with these results though. I was hoping to think 'Man, this is the look I would go for!!!' but comparing the before and after sets I say it looks a little better as is.

Now once I add a little something in the place of what I took off It may just do the trick. I might spend some more time doctoring up these pics to see what I come up with.

Thanks a Ton Guys/Gals!!!

Chief

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Chief said:
I might spend some more time doctoring up these pics to see what I come up with.
That's the BEST way to really see how it's gonna look without spending any $$. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Firecracker.

Oh Yea,

BTW, I cleaned up the wheels about an hour after I posted these pics. It was pretty pathetic to put my first pics looking like this :oops: .

I thinks the dealer must have put some kind of grease on the rims, they were shiny spankin' new when I left the dealership and black 40 miles later when I got it home. I know the dust is bad but hoping it may be a little better now that I took the dresssing off. :D

Chief

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Chief said:
I thinks the dealer must have put some kind of grease on the rims, they were shiny spankin' new when I left the dealership and black 40 miles later when I got it home. I know the dust is bad but hoping it may be a little better now that I took the dresssing off. :D

Chief
mine were the same way and still are with 6500 miles on it. I have aftermarket rims and there filthy after about 50 miles due to dust. its a never ending battle to keep rims clean :(

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I have aftermarket rims and there filthy after about 50 miles due to dust. its a never ending battle to keep rims clean
Sounds like you need to add your name to our group buy with the carbotech brake pads!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
BiXLL said:
I have aftermarket rims and there filthy after about 50 miles due to dust. its a never ending battle to keep rims clean
Sounds like you need to add your name to our group buy with the carbotech brake pads!
I'll second that one Bill, no dust with the carbotechs...jump on that awesome deal Greg is offering us.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not to knock one of our kind sponsors, but how well do the dustguards work? I think I've seen them advertised for the Titan already, or not. I've never put the guards on any vehicle but noticed that the pads can make a night and day difference.

Chief

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Chief said:
Not to knock one of our kind sponsors, but how well do the dustguards work? I think I've seen them advertised for the Titan already, or not. I've never put the guards on any vehicle but noticed that the pads can make a night and day difference.

Chief
dust guards? Did I miss something??? I thought we were talking about the brake pads! :?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
dust guards are just putting a bandaid on an everlasting problem. they cost the same as pads just get them

G

·
I would think the dust gaurds would cause the brakes to heat up even more.

I like the clean no emblem look but the rear needs something it seems. Maybe if the black center section was painted to match the truck it would fit better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have been deciding myself on shaving the emblems. On my last truck I shaved the ones on the tailgate and it looked alot better(chevy s10 xtreme). I dont think it would make that big a change on the Titan gate because the plastic insert around the handle draws alot of attention even without the emblems. I do like how it looks on the sides in your pic chief, makes me lean towards me takin the sides off. Hmmm, if the black insert was painted silver, it would blend well then with no emblems :idea:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts