Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have or been able to play with this unit or the F900 or F700. They are pretty much the same except the 700 doesn't have a DVD player and the 900 has 2V preouts vs. 4V preouts on the F90. www.sonicelectronix.com has a good deal going for this unit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i've never had hands on with it, but the only complaint i have heard are of the load times. from start up, i think it takes like 3-4 minutes before you can even use it, due to the hd nav. all i know is this is the hu i want, and that is an AWESOME price for it!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mazaduh said:
why get that when the eclipes is 399 with nav

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13441_Eclipse+AVN20D.html

~~~~~~~~~~~``never mind i readed the specs on the unit and all its got it is nav no amp pre out~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, plus I don't like the set up of Eclipse's nav.

bullitt5234 said:
i've never had hands on with it, but the only complaint i have heard are of the load times. from start up, i think it takes like 3-4 minutes before you can even use it, due to the hd nav. all i know is this is the hu i want, and that is an AWESOME price for it!!
Yeah, I heard the only bad thing is the load times at start up also. But I didn't hear 3-4 minutes, I heard it was more like 30 seconds to a minute. I think they found a way to fix it with the firmware update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
probably...and hopefully. i also heard that when they first came out, the bluetooth feature was pretty much useless, but with the update, it was fixed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wouldn't personally get a pioneer... my dad has an avic-d3 and it is really slow to start up and he doesn't like it that much. Pioneers also have power supply problems and the pre amp voltage isn't great.

Get a kenwood, spend a little bit more money and get it right the first time...

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bullitt5234 said:
probably...and hopefully. i also heard that when they first came out, the bluetooth feature was pretty much useless, but with the update, it was fixed.
I'm not really worried about bluetooth. My truck has it and I've never set it up...Just not a big deal for me really.

crod504 said:
I wouldn't personally get a pioneer... my dad has an avic-d3 and it is really slow to start up and he doesn't like it that much. Pioneers also have power supply problems and the pre amp voltage isn't great.

Get a kenwood, spend a little bit more money and get it right the first time...
The pre-amp voltage on the F90 is 4V vs. 2V on the F700 and F900. I dunno. I really want to get to play with one of these units before I actually get it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Kenwood, goto the local Audio Store and mess around with them. I liked the Kenwood User interface more than the Pioneer! Plus load times are slower on the Pioneer

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zyaaa said:
Kenwood, goto the local Audio Store and mess around with them. I liked the Kenwood User interface more than the Pioneer! Plus load times are slower on the Pioneer
Yeah, I just need to play with the units before I decide which one I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts