Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Titan owner (<7000 mi), and need more sound. I have the stock 6 spkr stereo/cd unit and want to add sound substance and quality without tapping my son's college fund. I've been told I can use the factory head unit with a line output converter, amp and 1 or more sets of spkrs. Can I replace the front 4 spkrs with components? Can I replace the door spkrs and not the dash ones? Should I replace the rears? I'd like to keep the budget <$500 (I know that's cheap but I have other priorities right now).
Can you help a poor lost soul? :?

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you don't have a subwoofer, that'll add the substance, (and a subwoofer amp).

If you replace speakers make sure their impedance isn't lower than the originals or you can fry your amp.
For the same reason don't add speakers in parallel.

Below is a link to Crutchfield. They have a section called "what fits my car" so you can get the right stuff for the Titan, (if you are going to do it yourself).

Probably best to buy from the same place doing the install if you go that route.

www.crutchfield.com

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hey Man!

I might be able to help you out. I too am on a limited budget. I upgraded my entire system and it sounds great. I had the baseline 6 speaker system and here is what I did.

Alpine HU 9851 - Best Buy $251(On sale from $280)

Scoshe install kit -$40

Rockford 3.5" for the dash with foam baffles - $45

Pioneer 6x8" 3 way in the front doors - $69

PIonner 6.5" 2 way with bass blocker and dynamat 10 x10. I also used my dremel to cut out the stock speaker and use it for a mount for the replacement speakers. Speakers - $49, Bass blockers $10, Dynamat $20.

Alpine 2 channel amp - $89 from Circuit City

Install kit $20

Alpine 6x9 3 way under the seats in boxes. I wanted it deep, crisp and clear but not rattle my ears.

Speakers - $70 (off ebay) and boxes $26.

I estimated the whole setup to cost me about $650. It is awesome and everyone who rides with me says the system sounds great! Let me know if you want any help and I would be glad too!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just wanted to chime-in to welcome you to the Club. :D

If I were to help, it would be the blind leading the blind. That's why I'm glad I got the Rockford pkg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help,

I got it installed yesterday. Got a set of 6x9 Rockford Fosgate Punch component spkrs and a 600w Profile amp. The spkrs and crossovers fit in the doors and the amp under the pass. seat so there's still room for the kid in the back (that's why I can't really go for a sub...no room!).
You probably can't hear me inside your car when I pull up next to you, but it sounds lots better (cleaner, louder) just the same :)

Again, mahalo nui loa for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts