Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ordered an 05 LE with big tow and offroad packages on saturday....

Dealer called today and said i cannot get that configuration without getting either DVD or Navigation.

Now i plan on taking out the stock RF unit, and putting in my own equipment. So i need help and opinions on what to do!!!!

The DVD is useless, but additionally so is the navi since i will be taking out the radio. I can call a customer install store and see if anything from the navi is re-usable if i gut the stereo. Any other thoughts? thanks!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow....now i'm pissed

just checked prices for the options, and the dealer quoted MSRP as 1000 over what the actual prices are....they're trying to gain back from the deal we agree to on the truck.....

Time to get sly now.......

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
First off, did you try www.New-Nissans.com to see if you could get a better deal?

Second, Sounds like the dealer is feeding you a line.....The DVD & Navi options have nothing to do with either the Big Tow or the OffRoad Packages. I would definately check elsewhere if possible.

Another source of info: www.buyingadvice.com

Sorry about all your trouble and headaches....be sure to keep us posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto....I've got an 04 LE with big tow and offroad and I don't have either the DVD or the NAVI. Unless they've changed the packages between 04 and 05 your dealer is just trying to get more cash from you. Just as a reference my truck was $32k out the door with GAP and Lo-Jack and the extended warranty. I just bought it a week ago so you should be close to that or better. Good Luck :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Remember he is lookin at an 05 not 04 he wont be getting all the big rebates and specials.

·
Registered
6 Posts
True...I guess I was actually 2k under invoice because of the rebate before they added TTL and all the other stuff. Good luck anyway! They hate when you come in and you know what your talking about. When I got mine the Owner of the dealership came out and showed us the Dealer invoice on that truck just to prove what a smokin' deal we got. Just stick to your guns :evil:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I would print out all the invoice prices, as well as what is available option wise and go in and show it to them asking what they are trying to pull! I agree you should also give our site sponser a shot, see what he can do for you!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've check out new nissan's.....good prices, but i'm getting better from this dealer

on saturday signed for the 05 LE Crew Cab 4x4 with big tow and offroad at 32K even.

Now i have to add navi, so i'll tell them 1000, they said 1500

I'm willing to meet in the middle if need be 1250

even if i HAVE to dish out the 1500, i still see myself as being ahead....that would be 33500, which is about 17 - 1800 under invoice.....

oh yea, can do it without dvd or navi, but then i have to get bench seat....no way ...... last car was a ford taurus wagon, yup bench seats....no thanks!
hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts