Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Amsoil VS Royal Purple

RBsTitan said:
welcome after I run this 5000 of royal purple I'll give the AO a try.
There are many people that run and like RP.

I will share some real world experience with you.
Case 1: I recently open an account at a import performance shop. That would not give the time of day a few years ago. I asked them why the change of heart. They grew tired of spinning bear with RP and wanted to try Amsoil. Because the other performance shop I sell told them they had no problems with Amsoil.
Case 2: A engine builder test RP, Red Line, and Amsoil on a stationary dyno for a drag race team. The test was to prove which oil produced the most power and wear.
Power Ranking ( most power to least):
1. RP
2. Amsoil
3. Red Line
Wear rating (least wear to most):
1. Amsoil
2. Red Line
3. RP
I have no information from the test, only his word and the fact he started selling Amsoil. To this day the only oil he sells is Amsoil.

Just wanted to share the information from real world examples. Let me tell what I won't do, I will slam another product. I will share experiences I have had or my customers have had. I will not argue one product over the other. I will share test results available to me. Reason is we all have a nose and special oil we like.

Alamomike

buzz3jr said:
Welcome to CT, Amsoil is some great stuff, that's all I use in my bike
Amsoil is making huge sales gains in the motorcycle oil. There is a very white paper on motorcycle oils complete with test. Do you a HD or metric bike?

d0va said:
Mike, welcome to the club.
Are there SATX gatherings?

alamomike

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Thanks Mike and I agree with you on the not bashing. I ran M1 pure synthetic until they switched since about 10K. I have sent in almost every oil sample to Blackstone labs with varying mileage testing Mobil1 all reports were good. So the last two oil changes I tried RP and I put 7K and awaiting wear results and will run this RP oil change to 5K and test that but after this I will try AO. Promise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
RBsTitan said:
Thanks Mike and I agree with you on the not bashing. I ran M1 pure synthetic until they switched since about 10K. I have sent in almost every oil sample to Blackstone labs with varying mileage testing Mobil1 all reports were good. So the last two oil changes I tried RP and I put 7K and awaiting wear results and will run this RP oil change to 5K and test that but after this I will try AO. Promise.
Do you have all your results? It would be interesting to see a comparsion.

alamomike

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I sent the last two changes of Mobile 1 to Blackstone. I just switched to Amsoil, and will send in a sample of it at 5,000 miles. Both samples of M1 had 5,000 miles on them. I also have a Blackstone report on the conventional Mobile oil with 3,000 miles on it. I will post all reports when I get the one on the Amsoil.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
alamomike said:
Do you have all your results? It would be interesting to see a comparsion.

alamomike
Mike I'm waiting on the last sample of 8K with RP sent to Blackstone to arrive I can PM that result along with the MB1syn as well as this oil and then compare to the next 2 with the Amsoil I'll order from you. I'll PM you when I get the reports.

·
Registered
38 Posts
scr38 said:
I sent the last two changes of Mobile 1 to Blackstone. I just switched to Amsoil, and will send in a sample of it at 5,000 miles. Both samples of M1 had 5,000 miles on them. I also have a Blackstone report on the conventional Mobile oil with 3,000 miles on it. I will post all reports when I get the one on the Amsoil.
Thanks for the update. I'm very interested in the results. See you in 9 days. Hope we have a good crowd with 2 shows going on.

alamomike

RBsTitan said:
Mike I'm waiting on the last sample of 8K with RP sent to Blackstone to arrive I can PM that result along with the MB1syn as well as this oil and then compare to the next 2 with the Amsoil I'll order from you. I'll PM you when I get the reports.
Sounds good to me. Should we conduct a poll on types of oil used?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
alamomike said:
Thanks for the update. I'm very interested in the results. See you in 9 days. Hope we have a good crowd with 2 shows going on.

alamomike

Sounds good to me. Should we conduct a poll on types of oil used?
Blackstone report in and 8000 miles on royal purple 10-30 is not good for my truck. It's starting to look like 6500 is the cutoff point for oil life in my motor. I'm going to go 4000 on this Royal Purple and alamomike send me your email and I'll send you the report showing progression of Mobil 1 to RP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Amsoil Wholesale Account

RBsTitan said:
Blackstone report in and 8000 miles on royal purple 10-30 is not good for my truck. It's starting to look like 6500 is the cutoff point for oil life in my motor. I'm going to go 4000 on this Royal Purple and alamomike send me your email and I'll send you the report showing progression of Mobil 1 to RP.
Your account is set. You can order Amsoil at wholesale pricing. Thanks much.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts