Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loud popping noise when turning or stopping the last 2 days have been light to moderate rain, seems to do it when it is only wet outside, 6 in fabtech lift, the one thing that is odd looking is the left spring and tie rod are really close together like the spring is bellied forward more than the right could the spring be tapping the tierod when suspension compresses? ill try to get a pic of how it looks soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics Of Susp

Here Are To Shots One From The Left And Right, Spring Looks Wierd Maybe On Wrong When They Put Lift On

Attachments

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
check your lower A- arms, they tend to do that noise when turning. Did you check the tie rod to see if there any marking of hitting the spring ?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I Got A Pro Comp And Mine Has Also Did It A Few Times.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I don't know anything about lift kits, but I think that kit has new spindles. I think that the tie rod ends may go into the spindles in the opposite direction than the stock location. That places the offset in the tie rod very close to the spring.
Dit the instructions with your kit mention switching the right and left tie rods? That would put the offset in the proper location, and you would have plenty clearance between the rod and spring.
If you look at the attached drawing of the steering system you will see the the offset is in the opposite direction from yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
I Switched Mine Around And It Still Pops Some Times

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I Looked At The Left Spring And There Is A Small Ding On The Spring, But It Almost Sounds Like A Loose Bolt Would Sound Like When Frame Flexes

Didnt Get The Attachment

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes Wtma That Is Exactly What It Sounds Like. That Is What I Thought When I Get In I Am Check Them All

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hihosilver said:
Yes Wtma That Is Exactly What It Sounds Like. That Is What I Thought When I Get In I Am Check Them All
WELL I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM, THE SPRING SEAT ON THE SHOCK LOOKS LIKE IT IS BACKWARDS AND I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE LEFT SHOCK OFF AND ROTATE IT 180 TO GET THE PIGTAIL OF THE SPRING TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE SUSPENSION, MUST HAVE BEEN INSTALLED WORNG WHEN THE 4X4 SHOP DID IT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT, MAYBE ILL HAVE TO GET SOME FRONT COILOVERS., I WONDER HOW MUCH MORE LIFT I CAN GET OUT OF THE 6 IN FABTECH LIFT WITH COIL OVERS AND WILL I NEED 2 MORE INCHES OF BLOCK IN THE REAR TO LEVEL IT BACK OUT I NEED MORE CLEARANCE ANYWAY?

scr38 said:
I don't know anything about lift kits, but I think that kit has new spindles. I think that the tie rod ends may go into the spindles in the opposite direction than the stock location. That places the offset in the tie rod very close to the spring.
Dit the instructions with your kit mention switching the right and left tie rods? That would put the offset in the proper location, and you would have plenty clearance between the rod and spring.
If you look at the attached drawing of the steering system you will see the the offset is in the opposite direction from yours.
Actually i looked at them and redownloaded the fabtech install PDF and is says to switch them and the were but the funny thing was that they also say to put them in from the top, which puts them back in the same curve, i guess they wanted them to go in to the top for height geometry.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah I Am Have To Check That, But The Top Bolts Might Not Line Up In The Coil Bucket.yeah I Want Some Coil Overs To U Can Get I Think 3 Greg Said So Yeah U Would Have To Put A Bigger Block Or Add Onbe To A Deaver Pack.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I Think I Got It!!!!!!
Just Went Lok At Mine And My Spindle Is Hiting My Lower A Arm Cutting A Big Grove In It. I Think What Is Happening When I Turn My Spindle In On My A Arm And It Pops Out Of The Groove It Has Created.
Go Check Yours And C If It Looks Like This.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts