Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
^^^Looks great, i need to get me another amp for the Highs. But i want to upgrade to CDT Comps first.

Which side of the fire wall did you run your power wires?
man I wanna upgrade my comps as well, i didnt do enuff research when I bought these ones. Even though they sound pretty good, it seems like there are tons of better sounding speakers out there in the same price range. The power cable come from the passenger side...the 0 gauge comes thru the floorboard

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
0 gauge is thick, i had one of those kits when i was running 2 JL 1000/1's but i got rid of them cuz my stock Alt & Battery couldnt handle it.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
0 gauge is thick, i had one of those kits when i was running 2 JL 1000/1's but i got rid of them cuz my stock Alt & Battery couldnt handle it.
I guess mine is just overkill lol....The 0 gauge goes to the cap, and from there 4 gauge goes to the amps. Do you think I should upgrade those rca's which are supposed to be connected to my sub amp? The dark greenish ones in the last pics.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Its all preference i guess, if you want the Clearest sound possible always go with the best wiring. I would leave it unless you hear humming or distortion. My JL RCA's looked just like that and they burned out on me, good thing i got them free lol

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
Its all preference i guess, if you want the Clearest sound possible always go with the best wiring. I would leave it unless you hear humming or distortion. My JL RCA's looked just like that and they burned out on me, good thing i got them free lol
Well the sound is good, but sometimes in between songs you can hear hissing if the volume is up. Now that might be because im using my ipod, because I tested an original cd and there was still hissing but not as much. I went ahead and bought the knukconceptz battery terminals along with some nice connectors that tighten around the wire with the allen key.

Any recomendations on what type of rca is good?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
did you ever get that RCA changed out?

·
Registered
396 Posts
DAMN!!!! got me beat... RE ftw

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
NOTitan05 said:
I originally had 6 18s I was going to do on 2 4000s but ended up doing 3 then sold all 6 and got another car
LOL INCREDIBLE!! Sounds like fun!! wish i couldve heard it

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
did you ever get that RCA changed out?
nope still runnin the same ones

·
3,813 Posts
NOTitan05 said:
I originally had 6 18s I was going to do on 2 4000s but ended up doing 3 then sold all 6 and got another car
Do you have any pics. of that monster system? There was a guy in my area that had a 1st gen S-10 Blazer with 6-18" Kickers with 3 Orion 2300's pushing them, and it was Sick.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nah I didnt take pics of it(dont know why) i guess because it only stayed in my truck for about 2 months then came out. I got a friend that lives in Holden thats into Competitons his name is Paul has a Mazda truck use the have 4 Memphis Mojo 15s now I think he only has 1 in there,

·
Registered
143 Posts
New system.

Alpine SPR-69C 6"x9" 100rms 300 peak

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPR-69C

Alpine SPR-17C 6-3/4" 100rms 300 peak

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPR-17C

ALPINE PDX-4.150 4ch 600rms

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=PDX-4.150

http://www.caraudiomag.com/0607_cae_alpine_pdx_4150_amplifier/index.html

Kicker CVX-10
  • Subwoofer Size 10"
  • Dual Voice Coil
  • Impedance Dual 4 ohms
  • Peak Power Handling 1200 watts
  • RMS Power Handling 600 watts
  • Sealed Box Volume 0.8 - 3.0 cubic feet
  • Ported Box Volume 1.25 - 1.75 cubic feet
  • Sensitivity 87.2 dB
  • Frequency Response 24 - 500 Hz
  • Top Mount Depth 5-15/16"

Sundown SAE 1000D

Alpine IVA W200 dvd*i-pod*sirius

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was going to get CVX's too but noone in the area had them in Dual 2ohm.

I used that same location to ground my amp before i stuck it back under the passenger seat. Except i sanded the paint under the bolt first.

Is that 8 Gauge Wiring?

·
Registered
143 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
I was going to get CVX's too but noone in the area had them in Dual 2ohm.

I used that same location to ground my amp before i stuck it back under the passenger seat. Except i sanded the paint under the bolt first.

Is that 8 Gauge Wiring?
I got the 4ohm CVX dvc 's on ebay. Wiring them both parallel to get 1ohm at the amp. Using 4ga to the splitter, then 8ga to the 4ch, and 4ga to the Sundown amp.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
those subs are going to pound, one of these days ill order a set of those.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SoCal_Titan said:
those subs are going to pound, one of these days ill order a set of those.
Man I hope so. I had one 12" Alpine R' in a sealed box in my car. Never ran 10's, but they're my only option for the KC box, so I'm hoping they'll hit.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
firekiller said:
Man I hope so. I had one 12" Alpine R' in a sealed box in my car. Never ran 10's, but they're my only option for the KC box, so I'm hoping they'll hit.
Funny you say that, i had a 12" Type R in my Maxima. I now have 2 Tens in my Titan and they hit As Hard if not harder than a single 12. Just have to get the right box, and by the looks of it your headed in the right direction

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have the cvr's but now that i upgraded my amp to the pdx1000 im seriously considering gettin the cvx's. 400watts rms just isnt doing it for me anymore lol...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts