Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
RIDER said:
Here's another:

Ok Supa, I KNOW golf carts don't have enough power to make up it tailgate ramps. How did you get that thing in the back of your truck??? Please don't tell me you and your golfing buddy picked it up?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thats funny. Actually the shop where I bought it from had ramps. That was the easy part. I have a mound on the side of my driveway that I backed up to. Still had about a 2' gap so I had a piece of wood that I wedged against the tail gate and drove it off VERY carefully.. I was just glad to know that my tailgate could handle the weight..

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
coyotesniper said:
So you rub chalk on your treads and drive until the chalk rubs off across the whole tread pattern? I might try that. Did you just use one of those HUGE pieces of sidewalk chalk?
Yes the huge sticks. You only need to put small strips of chalk too, you don't have to chalk up the whole tire.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You guys & gals RAWK! Great Pics!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
coyotesniper said:
I figured that, I wasn't about to chalk the whole damn tire. lol

Good tip though Nick. :)
A good tip that I wish I could take credit for thinking up.....but I can't.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
I'll be able to add to the pictures sometime next week hopefully - Mine are shipping out on Friday (Bushwackers)
Have you decided if your having them painted or not?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm really on the fence about them..but I ordered them anyways.I wish Bushwacker made some in the OE style instead of just the Extended Style.Oh well.They will be here tommorrow.I'll fit them, and doing any trimming/cleaning up that is neccessary, and get them painted.Should have pics next week to add to the thread.Then if I don't like them..sell em...LOL.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Griffey said:
I'm really on the fence about them..but I ordered them anyways.I wish Bushwacker made some in the OE style instead of just the Extended Style.Oh well.They will be here tommorrow.I'll fit them, and doing any trimming/cleaning up that is neccessary, and get them painted.Should have pics next week to add to the thread.Then if I don't like them..sell em...LOL.
You will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Griffey said:
No trimming will be necessary and you should be happy with them. I know I think trucks that don't have flares look funny now that I have them and see them everyday.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
You'll just have to try them out, for me it was a no brainer and had to paint them. But it's great to have choices!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well..got the Bushwackers in today.I got them trimmed up and cleaned up.The fit is pretty good out of the box on them.I then dropped them off for paint, and should have them back tommorrow.

One problem.I am a little bit way past picky.I'm talking I would make most people's grandpa who is mad at the world look like an angel when it comes to stuff like these flares.

So the picky part is: There is no way I am putting the black edge guard in between my white truck and my white flares.Nope.No way.Just ain't happening.I tried to get my buddy(he's the painter) to paint the edge guard but he said the paint just will not stick no matter how much Bulldog he puts in the paint.

So does anyone know where to get edge guard in colors?It's either that or just put them on with no edge guard and let it eat.Dunno what else to do since that black is unacceptable to me.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If black is unacceptable then you better sell them because there are no colored trim options. It's either black or nothing. If you want to colormatch your white you should go with the ATS flares. There is no rubber trim with the ATS.

·
ClubTitan's little Pit Bull
6,553 Posts
I'm sure you can make something work. There has to be a door edge trim type of stuff out there. However, might compromise the flare's ability to keep water out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well I found this for the only option on the net today:

http://www.customautotrim.com/products/moldings/door.htm

Was thinking of trying the L-shaped stuff.Problem is you can't really tell how it will work or how big it is until I have it.I guess someone has got to be an oinker...may as well be me.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts