Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45 MIN TO INSTALL, from the time I set the jack to the last jam nut on the tie-rod ends. I am soo glad I did this. Now I see what the big deal with the kit is. MY PRECIOUS drives like a new truck again, and she doesn't look like a sad bull dog. She looks like a pissed off bull now. LOVE IT. Here are the before and afters. Sorry the pics suck, used my phone camera and hoped for the best.
My dad, who is a DIE HARD DODGE guy from WWWWAAAAYYYY back, loved how she looked after install. Of course my wife couldn't see any difference, :roll: typical :roll:
I am glad I installed this kit cause the nuts on the strut plate mount were all loose, that may have been the cluck I just got. It is all gone now.
I really can't see how it could take 2 hrs to install this, well some folks just don't have the "TOUCH" I guess :lol:

WWWWOOOOOWWWWW 100 Ft/lbs on the lug nut wholly crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Very nice stance!

BTW, I think the forum-meisters are recommending about 85 ftlb torque on those lugs. Might have even been JetTech that started that following over on TT, but that was before my time and even before ClubTitan.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
OOOOHHH boy cant wait for mine to get here. Looks good man. Oh yeh thats one of the best before and after pics I have seen cause you get the same angle and everything really do see the difference.
M4ck

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HavockWK said:
Very nice stance!

BTW, I think the forum-meisters are recommending about 85 ftlb torque on those lugs. Might have even been JetTech that started that following over on TT, but that was before my time and even before ClubTitan.
Went out and did a quick retorque on them lugs. I hope I didn't F#@& up the rotors :x . I like having good brakes.

On a second note: My service center has to charge folks $500 for the leveling kit. The parts mngr wanted to know where I got my lift from.

BTW PRERUNNER GREG you may be getting a call from Salem Nissan in Or. HA HA HA..........For a bulk order. Cross you fingers and get them bills paid !!!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
FlatBlack said:
45 MIN TO INSTALL, from the time I set the jack to the last jam nut on the tie-rod ends. I am soo glad I did this. Now I see what the big deal with the kit is. MY PRECIOUS drives like a new truck again, and she doesn't look like a sad bull dog. She looks like a pissed off bull now. LOVE IT. Here are the before and afters. Sorry the pics suck, used my phone camera and hoped for the best.
My dad, who is a DIE HARD DODGE guy from WWWWAAAAYYYY back, loved how she looked after install. Of course my wife couldn't see any difference, :roll: typical :roll:
I am glad I installed this kit cause the nuts on the strut plate mount were all loose, that may have been the cluck I just got. It is all gone now.
I really can't see how it could take 2 hrs to install this, well some folks just don't have the "TOUCH" I guess :lol:

45 minutes? Dang man, practicing for a pit crew or what? Wow! You the man! Looks real good!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TitanHauler said:
FlatBlack said:

45 minutes? Dang man, practicing for a pit crew or what? Wow! You the man! Looks real good!

NNNAAAHHHHH! Just really good at what I love doin`. Yeh she looks soo much tougher, I am gonna have to put a chain on the bi`ach to keep her from killing the neighbors Ford. ;)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It does look pretty sweet! I really want to do this but have been weary becuase of warranty issues. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
791 Posts
[quote="FlatBlack]I am gonna have to put a chain on the bi`ach to keep her from killing the neighbors Ford. ;)[/quote]

LOL :lol: I love the in depth personality you've given your Titan. "My Precious" and now a 'Ford Eating Monster.' :lol: Crackin' me up. Let us know if "Precious" gets loose. :twisted: Poor Ford . . .

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
FlatBlack said:
I am gonna have to put a chain on the bi`ach to keep her from killing the neighbors Ford. ;)
:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Looks great!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
SimplyTitan said:
It does look pretty sweet! I really want to do this but have been weary becuase of warranty issues. Any thoughts on this?
The best way to look at this is if your window doesn't work, they can't deny you warranty, but if your shocks blow, you will probley be on your own. Basically that means that unless they can prove that the mod caused the problem they can't deny the warranty. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was told that lowering you truck could void your warrenty, but they said nothing about raising them. My buddy sells Dodges and right from the dealership the offer a level lift from Les Schwab Tires. So I am guessing and this is only a guess that they would still cover about anything that would happen. Just my .02 on the side topic.

BTW, That Ford eating monster looks really good.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When I get around to ordering mine, I hope it goes as well as it did for you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re:

How much was that kit, again?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a chat with my service writer about the PRG kit and no exclusion is listed, hell they have the daystar kit installed at Les Schwabs in Salem and we all know the side effects of that, and they do not void the warr.

Yes " ALL HAIL THE PRG " indeed quikwhip
I get more coments than ever with her leveled. :wink:

TitanHauler LOL I love the in depth personality you've given your Titan. "My Precious" and now a 'Ford Eating Monster.' Crackin' me up. Let us know if "Precious" gets loose. Poor Ford . . .
I do that to maintain a prospective on what she is, and it really keeps people off just a little. Like the phrase " Keep smiling, people will wonder what you are up too " :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those look really sweet.
I have a Question. Does anyone know the dimensions of the spacer blocks?
Reason is that I have access to a Lathe and other metalworking eqipment(I work in a tool and die shop) and if I could make some, I would be glad to make some for everyone at COST.If someone gets a new set PM me with the dimesions and I'll see what I can do. :idea:

·
Registered
8 Posts
FlatBlack said:
Just wondering if you adjusted your headlights or had the dealer do it.
If DIY, what was the quickest way and how long did it take?

Thanks,
DT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts