Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just joined and wanted to inquire about some issues i have recently started having with my brakes. I have a 2008 Titan with close to 40,000 miles. Just recently (within the last 2 months) i have had 2 instances where my brake light comes on under normal braking conditions at which point i feel a violent shudder and have difficulty stopping. I have researched this issue and found that like many others with this problem, after i restart the engine it seems to clear itself, the light goes off and everything is fine. I know this was a big problem in 04' - 06' Titans and Armada's and there have been various TSB's which have touched base on this issue. However i have not been able to find any information on newer model Titans such as mine. I have read that for older models there was a way to reprogram when a DTC C1179 was pulled instead of having to replace the booster which is what others have had to do. Has anyone had this problem or have any advice? I want to be as informed as possible before taking it to the dealership to avoid being overcharged for unnecessary tests. Thanks for all the help.

*Vehicle Specs to come*

1 - 1 of 1 Posts