Nissan Titan Forum banner

QUALITY TIME W/ MY TITAN

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chief 
#1 ·
Today I washed my truck real nice. Yea Yea Then I went to autozone. I bought the helper springs (DynaChrome?) that Jettech has made famous :D . Then I found some oversize rearview mirrors that clip on. Also bought a cheap black bracket for my plate. Then I changed the oil & filter (went to mobil 1 and plan and staying there). My truck turned 1,000 miles today. Then I checked the level in the differentials. The rear was at least 1.5" low and I topped it off. The front was good. All other fluids good. Battery looks solid. I was all pumped up to install my bugshield and maybe the "helper springs gone traction bars", but time ran out and the schoolbus was on its' way. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway here are a few pics.

I think the big mirror could be somewhat dowdy but I cannot believe the mirror I got with this truck. It looks like it would fit a Fiat. There were 2 sizes and I couldn't resist the bigger one. It gives views on both sides of the rear doors and the entire rear window plus the back seat (now when I stop the truck for backseat fights I'll only have to incarcerate one of my kids, no more guesswork!!!) I may have to get used to the distractions it could produce, but in my mind it definitely opens up badly needed views.

The plate bracket cost 2 bucks but it looks nice. It's the details that count sometimes.

I'm Rockin'!!! :D

Hope You Like the Pics!!!!

Chief

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
you'll be happy with the spring helpers, I promise

#4 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
you'll be happy with the spring helpers, I promise
Ya SMOKEDYA,

I took it out this morning for some serious testing. Did some severe stopping/starting. I definetely have the brake judder so I guess the dealer will be getting a call soon on that. Retorque the studs and hopefully good to go. Great to know there is already a fix on this.

As far as takeoff/handling I'm happy. It does seem to put out a little less beef after a few fast starts. I think you were the one mentioning the antispin not working off the line at hard accelleration, the same is true for me. Kinda glad as this was an issue I was worried about. I didn't want a truck that hit the brakes when I wanted to go faster. It's nice to do a good smoker once in awhile. Even better just knowing I can. The truck pretty much does a nice full burnout when I want to, but it also gets a good grip quickly, especially if I ease into it. Fortunately I've had no clunking related to takeoffs. The only clunks I get are from downshifting manually.

With all the great things being said by so many people about these load helpers at such a great price it's almost senseless to me to not bolt on a pair. I'm kinda excited to see what they do. If it decreases wheelspin then even better I guess. That means a better takeoff attracting less attention. Well, better for the most part. :wink:

If it's warm tomorrow and I get the chance, I'm gonna have to do the bugshield first because the stickies need decent temps, then maybe I'll have time for the springs. If it's cold out I can just go right for the springs!!! :lol:

Chief

#5 ·
chief,
check out the pics I put on another topic in the general area, it has me leaving a 125 foot posi burnout!

#6 ·
Hey Smokedya2,

For some reason I don't remember getting notification for your reply. Woulda loved to see the burnout, I was thinking of putting something like that up myself!!!!

But I heard things went wrong there and I don't think the post still exists. I'll try to search it out anyway.

Well I have to get back to the party, they are all chanting my name. Yea Yea It's a pretty big deal in my house when someone becomes a 'SHIFT ENTHUSIAST' :D

Happy Times,

Chief

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.