Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about removing the decals on my truck. Is this something I can do myself and if so, what products are needed?? Thanks for all help and advice!!

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
If you can heat it up a little it will make it easier( heat gun or hair dryer). Use some floss or fine fishing string and get behind the badging to remove it. One done use some stuffs to get rid of any residue. I use 3M adhesive remove and it work great, you can use other stuffs to clean it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I might do this ...i really like that clean look. How bad is the residue after you remove the badging?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would go with the the fishing line. I used floss on mine and it broke a lot. I grabbed some bug and tar remover and a wash cloth to get the left over adhesive. Probably not the best thing but it worked. I think no matter what you do it is a PITA. Well worth it though, IMO.

txhardhittaz said:
I might do this ...i really like that clean look. How bad is the residue after you remove the badging?
Mine was pretty bad. I think when I used the floss to cut through it cut half way through the adhesive so I was left with just about all of it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Citrus goo-b-gone, fishing line, blow dryer worked for me

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
mtbrady2 said:
I am thinking about removing the decals on my truck. Is this something I can do myself and if so, what products are needed?? Thanks for all help and advice!!

Please be careful...this is an easy thing to do, but your truck is about 3 years old and dark in color...chances that there will be a permanent mark where your stickers and badges were located. Sun fade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ChicksDigEmToo said:
Please be careful...this is an easy thing to do, but your truck is about 3 years old and dark in color...chances that there will be a permanent mark where your stickers and badges were located. Sun fade.
Just what I was about to say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts