Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an 08 nissan titan XE, does anyone know if I can take the cluster out of an LE, or Pro-4x with the extra gauges and needs, and jus tplug and play with my XE, and if so will it keep the milage on the cluster or is that in my computer?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The mileage is stored in the cluster, so if you swap the clusters the mileage will be incorrect. You can't reprogram the mileage; the cluster would have to be sent back to the factory, through a dealer, to have this done.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm ok, but will it work in the xe with all the new gauges and all

·
Registered
49 Posts
It might work, I have an '08 xe also. I have a bullydog gt programer, and it reads trans temp and voltage. I would think the sensors need to be there for the ecu to monitor the engine for fail safe and such. Now whether our wiring harness has the plugs at the dash is another story.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i think havatitan is right, cause I needed the vss wire for the alpine navigation I have and I couldn't find it at the radio harness, but went to the cluster and it was there where the schematic said it would be, but it wasn't used on the xe cause it doesn't have auto volume radio.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have an 06 XE, and it has rhe auto volume, but is also a 6 CD Radio.

Main point: around here if you need a GMC Cluster repair/replaced, you go to the dealer. The dealer sends a new or old unit for rebuild or reprogramming to a non GMC shop called Caton Radio. So, my local independent shop goes directly to Caton radio, skipping the local dealer. I don;t know what Nissan really does, but just wanted to throw that out there. Ask the service manager how they get the stuff done, maybe an independent shop is really the true source.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the milage is stored int he cluster. hmmm well now I don't know my options. Also, anyone that has a floor console from the factory, can they tell me if when they are in drive if the park release click when you hit the brake (when in drive or neutral).

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone help me figure this out I would like to order my gauge cluster soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just ordered one and im going to try it I did a swap on my f150 and it worked!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Drummer. I have the same click noise in the console with the brake. It's just the release allowing you to put the truck in reverse. It's supposed to do. Some trucks you don't hear it at all though. I think it's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed out my cluster with one out of a SE and everyting works but the outside temp display... it reads 32 all the time but the fuel monitor and everything else works!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Why the hell would Nissan do this instead of having the mileage stored in the ECU?
Makes no sense.

The mileage is stored in the cluster, so if you swap the clusters the mileage will be incorrect. You can't reprogram the mileage; the cluster would have to be sent back to the factory, through a dealer, to have this done.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions on how to get the dash apart?

I bought a Pro4X cluster (I like the white background) and want to install it in my SL.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did anyone get this done by chance. I have an 05 SE 4wd that I want to upgrade to the pro4x so I get cool looking new gauges and the tranny temp gauge I am missing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts