Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions with my exhaust. I am ordering my JBA cat back system tomorrow along with stainless JBA headers. I have a S&B CAI on the way already.
I drive an 05 KC 4wd and it has a flowmaster duel exhaust now with the pipes exiting behind each rear tire at an angle. I am sick of the drone so its time to upgrade. I got the truck almost new with 13K miles a few years ago and its time to have fun with it now as its all paid off finally.
My question is, since I am getting the cat back system and headers, will I need B pipes? I want to upgrade to high flow cats as well but havent found any yet. Any suggestions on good cats that wont break the bank? I do have to pass emissions here in Atlanta and want to get the most bang for my buck without compromising emissions here in a few months.
I also have seen descriptions of the JBA cat back system with and without a new Y pipe. Does it come with the Y pipe or not?
I would like to sell my old exhaust to someone local in or near GA as a cheap way to upgrade from stock at a great price. I will list it in the proper section though.
Thanks to anyone that has any insight on my questions.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Exhaust questions

I have some questions with my exhaust. I am ordering my JBA cat back system tomorrow along with stainless JBA headers. I have a S&B CAI on the way already.
I drive an 05 KC 4wd and it has a flowmaster duel exhaust now with the pipes exiting behind each rear tire at an angle. I am sick of the drone so its time to upgrade. I got the truck almost new with 13K miles a few years ago and its time to have fun with it now as its all paid off finally.
My question is, since I am getting the cat back system and headers, will I need B pipes? I want to upgrade to high flow cats as well but havent found any yet. Any suggestions on good cats that wont break the bank? I do have to pass emissions here in Atlanta and want to get the most bang for my buck without compromising emissions here in a few months.
I also have seen descriptions of the JBA cat back system with and without a new Y pipe. Does it come with the Y pipe or not?
I would like to sell my old exhaust to someone local in or near GA as a cheap way to upgrade from stock at a great price. I will list it in the proper section though.
Thanks to anyone that has any insight on my questions.
It comes with the y pipe.

If you want to reduce sound, b-pipes are a good idea with cats on them but since you're getting headers, you'll cancel that effort out unless you go with cats on that as well.

Here's mine;
JBA headers with Dynatech Powercats
Stillen b pipes with cats
Banks Exhaust

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ok so I am planning on picking up the JBA tomorrow and I realize its cat back but should I assume this is from the secondary cats back?
That is correct. From the flange on the backside of the b pipes to the tailpipe

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you installed that JBA yet? Wondering how you like the sound and is there any drone. I have a 05 2wd and plan on a s&b intake and catback soon to help out the bully dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.