1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scr38 or anyone else,

I read your post about dash removal here:

http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite1472-dash.html+radio

I'm in the process of trying to hard wire my sirius radio and I cant get the dash taken apart. I have the single CD player so the above post dosn't help me.

Do you or anybody else have instructions of removing the radio and the area above it where the navigation system would go? Thanks for the help.

2004 kc se

·
Registered
56 Posts
The radio trim comes lose by pulling on it.
Not much logic, just don't break it.
I Started in the bottom and worked up, 4 clips hold it in. When you remove the srs plug, do not turn anything on (key) until its plugged back in. The console shifter needs to be in 1 as well. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coolvette said:
The radio trim comes lose by pulling on it.
Not much logic, just don't break it.
I Started in the bottom and worked up, 4 clips hold it in. When you remove the srs plug, do not turn anything on (key) until its plugged back in. The console shifter needs to be in 1 as well. :)
The radio seems to be overlapping the radio trim, do I need to remove the radio first, if so how? Thanks for the help.

G

·
All the control knobs come off with the trim. As coolvette stated, the trim just pulls off. I use my fingernails to get behind the edge of the trim, then pull straight back. If you can't get a good grip with your fingernails, I would use a thin putty knife. Be careful when you pull the trim off; the clips holding it could scratch the dash .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got it off, thanks for the help, I think I was just a little paranoid about breaking it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts