Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into doing a mini lift on the T. with the new rims getting ready to go on and new additions to the lower half of the truck, it looks like its lowered. i just want it to look more Beast like. I'll make a final decision in a couple of weeks but here are my options. Go with PRG mini lift kits which are trusted by most, or go with this ebay option. problem........its an Ebay option. don't know what problems can come with it. they claim their aluminum machined kits are superior, but offer it about 30% cheaper than the PRG I saw. sounds iffy like many ebay items. here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280543472557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

just want to know your opinions. If i go with the PRG i'll just have to wait a few weeks longer for the funds. i'm just wanting to do 2" on front and rear. i don't want to level.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think the front spacers should be fine as they are a very similar design to prg but I would not run the blocks in the rear. Blocks will increase axle wrap that your "helper" springs mod is trying to limit. If you want to lift the rear, then use some aals and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see. knowing that, i may scrap the idea. not wanting to go fancy with adding a leaf, but i don't want axle warp either. idk. like i said. got time to research. thnx.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Instead of lifting the entire vehicle, you can just lift the front for a level look but idk how much is needed in your specific case.

If you do add the blocks, you may want to also add some true traction bars and that will eliminate the axle wrap but that is more money and etc....

Lifting is never cheap and to do it right with little to no drawbacks takes a bit of money. Even with AALs, you may still get some wrap but not as much as blocks or shackles. Ever think of a 3 or 4 link, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't even think of the True traction bars. I need to look into those. wat r some good brands? i'd rather pay the money and get no problems than to take shortcuts. i don't really like the level look of our trucks. starts to remind me of a Ram. but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have only really heard of the PRG ones. I believe ProComp or Fabtech has their own style of traction bar (also know as ladder bars) but I am not sure if they will sell without their full kit.

I believe your best cheap set-up will be a 2" spacer upfront, a 2" AAL in the rear and then a set of traction bars. This will give you the lift and no axle wrap. You may get coilbucket contact thou but you can probably use a low profile bumpstop and if you can't live with it, upgrade to aftermarket UCAs and then maybe splurge and get a set of COs to replace the spacer when your shocks wear out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like you are very limited on funds. I bought the PRG mini lift and as funds came in I purchased CST spindles and deaver c30 springs and added it all together. My T sits level and I don't have traction bars and I can still expand to Coilovers and arms in the future. I've been running this setup since summer 06 or so. Just an idea for a set that can grow as your wallet does!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funds aren't an issue. i was just doing some research and ran across some stuff. so i had questions. if paying for quality is what i must do, then so be it. heck, i'm not 100% sure i even want to lift at all. lol.

·
Registered
423 Posts
funds aren't an issue. i was just doing some research and ran across some stuff. so i had questions. if paying for quality is what i must do, then so be it. heck, i'm not 100% sure i even want to lift at all. lol.
Wasn't trying to make you upset...you said it yourself....
If i go with the PRG i'll just have to wait a few weeks longer for the funds.
Have fun and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not upset at all, i just bought the last of my tires for my new rims, and got a few bills rolling up. just an order of operations. thus, it will take me a few weeks, whichever i decide on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Rough Country 3" seems to be a good option if you are looking for the stance only. It has the Upper control arms, 3" front spacers, and rear blocks. Everyone who has one seems to like it. Add some bilstein 5100s front and rear and it seems like a very good street/light offroad setup. All of this info is from my reading. I have a PRG spacer myself so I could be wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.