1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i want the powertrain only

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thier both ugly in my opinion, the headlights look like they belong on a sedan, they don't fit the SUV well.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the front end of the old is the only real change from the Armada. I kinda like it..headlights a tad funky but I like the curves. But the new lineup is just pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the look in two years.. Then again look at the dodge Durango. That looked good when it first came out. now it looks too big for its size.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Everything is soft, rounded and curvy on the new one. It must be the 1990's all over again when "ovoid" rounded 4-wheel suppositories (think '96 Ford Taurus here) were in vogue.

The old QX wouldn't look too bad if the headlights weren't so low making the front end look droopy. At least the back end and sides were square shouldered like the macho Armada.

The new QX56 is just too funky in the styling department. None of the styling elements have cohesion to each other. It's like they took several diffeent design elements and just slapped them together and came up with this. What ever happened to continuity of design? Well balanced proportions with a common design theme? Even the square angular windshield profile looks ungainly with the soft droppy round body sides.

I think they tried for a Land Cruiser-like design theme in the upper greenhouse area with the high beltline, but the rounded body sides, front and rear ends ruin the effect IMO.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like a Buick Enclave copy....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well it is called "evolution"...all mftrs lineups change within a few years so this was expected. Imagine this, current Armada/QX basically has the Titans lines, meaning that the next Titan will look something like that....just kill the the Titan line if that happens.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it is called "evolution"...all mftrs lineups change within a few years so this was expected. Imagine this, current Armada/QX basically has the Titans lines, meaning that the next Titan will look something like that....just kill the the Titan line if that happens.
True. Doesn't mean it will come out funky looking. Good example (I think the ram looks pretty good)

And now the new Durango takes on the platform of the Cherokee and adapts the same design as the new Ram

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love the new on.. I was going to buy the wife a 2010 QX56 but after getting into a new one there is just no way in Hell I would buy an older one... I will be getting rid of the fender vents thou...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.