Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A girl in a new Challenger got out of line behind me at a stop light into the right lane which ends about an 1/8 of a mile past the light. I guess she wanted to get ahead of me, but when the light went green I hit and so did she. I didn't think I would stand a chance and just wanted to see the Challanger go, but I guess she didn't know how to drive because all she could get was a nose on me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You sure she punched it? She should have smoked ya. My Mustang would have. Owning both a mustang and my Titan, is like night and day.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think she put it all the way down, I think she was to scared to push her new baby, but we were at double the speed limit before she got back behind me and we both slowed down, and yea I couldn't see if it had the RT badge in the grill or not as she was following me to close before she turned off.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The important question to ask yourself was she hot? That makes the race that much better, lol.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She was pretty hot, mid twenties, brunett, pretty good looking body from what I could tell.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Seeing she fell into that category it would have been worth the tickets.

·
Registered
618 Posts
What did it look like? The SRT8 is pretty distinct from the R/T and V6. The wheels and brakes especially. I was at the track a week ago and raced one. I ran a [email protected] and he was easily in the mid 8s...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
04TitanKC said:
What did it look like? The SRT8 is pretty distinct from the R/T and V6. The wheels and brakes especially. I was at the track a week ago and raced one. I ran a [email protected] and he was easily in the mid 8s...
I think it was an RT, it didn't have stripes, and the wheels looked about 18 inch, they were painted silver.. Didn't see the brakes.

·
Registered
618 Posts
SloScooter said:
You sure she punched it? She should have smoked ya. My Mustang would have. Owning both a mustang and my Titan, is like night and day.

Not to say there arent tons of rediculously fast mustangs out there, and Im sure yours is one of those...you cant say that about mustangs in general. I personally hang with or beat lightly modded mustang GTs all the time. from old fox bodies to the current GTs. I am aware that alot is in the driver, obviously, but suprisingly most mustangs with the exception of Cobras and late model GTs arent that fast. I raced a 97 Mustang Cobra with intake and exhaust the other day at North Star Raceway and pulled a car on him and he could never pull back...multiple times. ahhh..I love walking up to guys at the track to ask for a run, and then they say, "Hey whatdaya got?" I tell them its the Titan and you see all of them give this sh1t eating grin...that is until I line up against them :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
speaking of mustangs.... my buddies got a saleen(not supercharged) 2006....
do i stand a chance???he says he has trouble hooking up.
dont mean to jack the thread.

p.s. i love hot chicks in fast cars!

P.s.s. the other way around too:D

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
04TitanKC said:
Not to say there arent tons of rediculously fast mustangs out there, and Im sure yours is one of those...you cant say that about mustangs in general. I personally hang with or beat lightly modded mustang GTs all the time. from old fox bodies to the current GTs. I am aware that alot is in the driver, obviously, but suprisingly most mustangs with the exception of Cobras and late model GTs arent that fast. I raced a 97 Mustang Cobra with intake and exhaust the other day at North Star Raceway and pulled a car on him and he could never pull back...multiple times. ahhh..I love walking up to guys at the track to ask for a run, and then they say, "Hey whatdaya got?" I tell them its the Titan and you see all of them give this sh1t eating grin...that is until I line up against them :)
How are your 60' times with the 08 rear?

·
Registered
493 Posts
04TitanKC said:
If your time on the bottom is correct there is no way you are beating mustangs (05 or newer mid 13's stock). I have a lightly modded 05 and run 12.6. Fox bodies are slow and only produce 210hp stock, not sure about a 1997 cobra.

·
Registered
144 Posts
that was probably actually the v6 model then. even the v6 models are supposed to be halfway decent performers though. i think they are like mid-low 15's which isn't bad for that big of a car with a v6.

·
Registered
618 Posts
SloScooter said:
If your time on the bottom is correct there is no way you are beating mustangs (05 or newer mid 13's stock). I have a lightly modded 05 and run 12.6. Fox bodies are slow and only produce 210hp stock, not sure about a 1997 cobra.

I would like to see your version of lightly modded. Most of the 05 and newer stangs I see with intake/exhaust etc run anywhere from 13.5-14.2 depending on the driver. And most of the newer Mustangs do beat me, but not all the time. Either way a truck hanging or beating any Mustang V8 after 1995 is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree a truck hanging with a Mustang is impressive. It would have to be a bad driver for it to be a race IMO though.

My car has JBA LT headers, xPipe, UDP, Tune, CAI, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and exhaust. To reach the 12.6 I have to MT drag radials otherwise I am in the higher range of 12's. That hook up is probably the most important part of my time. I consider that lightly modded, because so many mustangs have turbos and SC's now. It doesn't take much to wake these mustangs up.

Unfortunately it takes a million dollars to make the titan fast. But they are so sexy. People loved my silver one.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
before i got my headers on i raced my buddies new 08 Mustang GT, and he was BARELY PULLING on me....obviously he was pulling on me though so his car was faster and i was a 14.5 truck at the time (cai, exhaust, and tune)....but he was pulling very slowly....the first thing he said when he got out of his car was dang, that truck is pretty friggin fast lol....but its all in the driver....even with my headers now and a good driver i would get smoked, but with a bad driver, i would be on his a**if not in front lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts