Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had almost each and every engineering defect in the Titan now, smelled coolant yesterday and sure enough, coolant down on the skid plate. Dealer told me we haven't replaced any of those, so I took him about 50 pages of posts from the forums to alleviate any problems later. They have been good really, I have the Gold warranty and it is covered, they don't have it in stock, so they gave me a rental they cover until it comes in and is fixed. 50721 miles, too many of these failing in this mileage range, then again, rear diffs, front diffs, radiators, axle seals (three sets of axles installed in mine), becoming a bit frustrated with the deal anymore. I told the dealer today, it will be real tough to consider another Titan with the problems that Nissan refuses to address, almost know what your problems will be and when now when you buy one, too much money to have to deal with it. Don't want it to happen like that, but the Titan I have now might be my last.
:scheibe-big:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
All these issues seem to have been addressed on the 08s and up. I have no idea though if the radiator differs now but of all the folks I know with Titans, this forum is the only place I know of that shows them failing. I'm on Titan 2 with only the stupid radiator cap having to be replace on my 04.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad part is that there are many Titans out there and I am sure a bunch don't even know these forums exist. Most of them I bet have axle seal leaks, and those are the ones that nobody sees as failures. I would just love to have a peak at the Nissan Titan database of warranty claims just once. Helen Keller could see the problems they have then.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have yet to have a radiator or rear end problems on my 05. I've only had one axle seal and the manifolds so far. I'd probably trade but I'm buying a house this year so I'm hoping the Titan holds for a couple more years

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I only have 32K miles on my '07 but I've had very, very few problems. Maybe the difference in years ('06. vs '07) is why? Mine has been off-road and has towed through the mountains so it's no street queen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts