Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my titan last week so its still very new to me but when I got home from work last night I had coolant every where on to of the engine. It looks like it just came out of the cap. The fluid is not low but I have this sticky mess now. Has anybody else heard of this. I did give it a real good run up to 100, could it be from the high rpms?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The caps are known to leak. But make sure that the leak isn't coming from the hose connected to the radiator just below the cap. The spring type clamps don't hold well, they should be replaced with a good quality stainless worm gear type.
If the cap is leaking, try bending the tabs on the cap to make it seal tighter. If you replace the cap be sure to use the correct one. The radiator cap is not a pressure type; it does not have a spring inside. The pressure cap is on the overflow tank.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My cap leaked and scqirted everywhere.. What a mess. Was replaced. And it solved the problem

·
Registered
334 Posts
when you buy the mini hose clamp for your rad get two, one for the hose on the bottom of the power steering bottle. I been running with my pressure cap a half turn open and no more spray!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts