Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, just did my seals ,bearings,and spacers today . job was way easier than expected on a 2005 model. if anyone is curious you DO NOT have to remove diff cover to do this . there are no clips to remove to release axle from differential. as far as the spacer ring, drill 1/4 hole about 3/4 of the thickness of spacer to prevent hitting the axle and then take a chisel and one HARD blow with a mall hammer and it splits in two. Next , carefully grind old oil seal so you can bend it around the bearing and slide it off. And now the bearing, i used a 6" long flat tipped chisel and held it at a angle (because of the abs sprocket ) and started hitting and after about 10-20 hits it began to slide right off.
you will need a press to reinstall the bearing and spacer. we made one with a 20 ton bottle jack and some channel iron with a mig welder and worked perfectly!!! me and a friend did this in 4-5 hours. $185 total in parts. nissan wanted $1200.oo to do this . feels great to save that kind of money and to accommplish my BIGGEST auto repair ever!! anyone please email me if i can help in any way [email protected] my mail goes right to my phone so i can help instantly!........ good luck and dont forget to use only synthetic oil .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in va beach ,va . still shoot me an email if u need help. i get them immeadiately and will respond . maybe a phone call when u get started on the job. i know how tight money is for everyone so i would love to help anyway i can. im not a mechanic but i am alittile mechanically inclined so im sure you can do this if i did. seriously i jacked it up at 9:00 am this morning and was test driving it by 2:00 pm today . dealer was only place with the seals at $32 each and carquest auto parts had bearing and spacer (together) gor $42 each. and 3 quarts of 75w-140 mobil 1 gear oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts