Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with the rear differential lock light staying on and the abs and slip diff light staying on. I took it to the dealer and after 5 hours,, they informed me that the switch in the rear diff was bad and thay had to order one. That was 3 weeks ago and in the mean time,,, the anoying lights stay on and i have no rear locking diff??? :evil: They can't find the part no where :?: How long should I continue to wait and does anybody have any ideas :idea: :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
That Sucks. I've heard that some parts are still hard to get on this new model. Hope it comes in soon.

I'd drive it since it has been put in the dealer's hands.

Maybe someone can help you out more.

GoodLuck,

Chief

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it does suck but I'll drive it and hopefully it will come in. Its a nice truck but its hard to get to much in like with it if its going to keep dinging me. :?: Oh well,,, thanks dude.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That makes two of us..My light(Diff Lock) came on yesterday (2/28). When I would drive slowly forward it would go off and the Slip & ABS light would come on. I dropped at dealer this AM and wanted to wait but after checking the tech said he did not want me to drive it and I'm in a rental car on their dime. Got a call this afternoon and was told they had to order the control switch...it had better not take more than a day as they are made next door in Alabama or Mississippi. My Titan had less than 7500 miles on it...this better not be a sign of things to come. 8O

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Never Heard of this one before.

Hey, Both of you guys are having the same problem within less than a week of each other, That might not be a coincidence. I wonder if your trucks were built one right after the other on the line. Why don't you compare build dates? Post the number on the bottom of your window stickers here.

Hope You Both Get this straightened out soon. It sounds pretty annoying, especially the waiting and the rental. Well at least they took one in and gave a rental. That was a good faith measure.

Chief

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I'll do that when I get out of work in the morning. I think The date was 6/04 but just in case,,, where do you find the build date again??? thanks :!:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's in the center of the sticker at the bottom.

Mine says; 182369 @ 075 040727

Built in '04 July 27th.

182369; maybe how many trucks this makes out of the plant?

075; I Dunno.

Any help here??????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chief

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Chief said:
It's in the center of the sticker at the bottom.

Mine says; 182369 @ 075 040727

Built in '04 July 27th.

182369; maybe how many trucks this makes out of the plant?

075; I Dunno.

Any help here??????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chief
I'm not sure what the 182369 number is, if you want to know what number your truck came off the line it's the last 6 digits of your VIN number. My first truck was 500242 meaning it was the 242'nd one off the assembly line.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thank You JetTech.

The last 6 digits in my VIN are 572634. So I'm figuring they made about 72,000 trucks between mine and yours :?: :?: :?:

I donnoe.

Chief

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thanks JetTech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chief

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks JetTech, I found the date, 040628 or June 28th 2004,, It was a Monday, thank god it wasn't a friday before the 4th of July weekend 8O :!: The last 6 digits are 566339. Talked to the dealer today and they have a part # and putting out a nationwide search :idea: Mayby they should look to the mother country, Japan :p . I must say,, I was driving home this morning on the expressways that were not plowed yet and this thing is a animal :eek: I really didn't need 4 wheel drive for the most part and handles like a tank. :lol: The Jury is still out :!:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts