Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking a little here. Our rear axle is Dana righ? Well did they make it an odd size rear end or am I correct in thinking that we should be able to talk to the folks at Dana and get limited slip gears for the rear end instead of Nissans ALBS Limited slip, which I don't have. It's been raining here in California and I can't even take off from a normal start without spinning the rear tire. Maybe my foot is just too heavy....

Has anyone explored this?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Hi Rossi....Several weeks ago I had a buddy of mine ask his Father, of whom works for Dana Corp. for the inside scoop in these diffs. He said that the diffs are "based" on the 44 series but unfortunately have proprietary Nissan spec'ed pinions and chunks in them. So nothing else at this time will work with our diffs. I don't think it will be too long though before Auburn comes up with something for us. According to his Father Auburn makes the spider gears, of which I thought was pretty cool.

If there is a market, someone will answer the call. I personally think there will be/is a HUGE market for either a cone or clutch pack LSD for out Titans. I can't wait because even though I do have ABLS, I still am plenty interested in having a true LSD.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also just e-mailed Dana and I will forward any comment they give me to this post. I am personally very interested in a TRUE limited slip gear for my truck since I have a fairly heavy boat to pull in and out of our Sacramento Delta.

Thanks for the response JT! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Come on ARB!!! I want an air-locker. Open when you want it, Locked when you need it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I just want 3:36 r/p gears that won't cost me $700 for fr/rear!! A true LS would be nice, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts