Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for information on any place that might sell or install a power rear window for the Titan. I saw a Titan with the same type of window as the Ford Explorer Truck. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe that this is an '05 feature. My '04 LE doesn't have it. I think that it retracts down which looks great. Of, course I'm not totally sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have that feature on my O5 and love it. I'm sure I'll using it more to force out the hot air when Summer arrives.

It's a long shot, but you might be able to install the OEM parts in the 04??

·
Registered
91 Posts
'05s have it, '04s don't. I think I read somewhere about this and it was going to be nearly impossible to do it on an '04. But just like monster garage, you can do anything if you have the money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
power sliding rear window installed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Got my CR Laurence "Powr-Slider" rear window from http://www.truckininstyle.com. Price was nice: $418 including shipping, I ordered on Tuesday and got it on Thursday. If you're thinking of getting one, I would definitely buy from these guys again.

It looks great (with 2 minor issues) and works awesome. A couple notes:

I pulled out all of the seats, interior panels, etc. You'll also need to pull the rear third brake light. The trim piece that lines the top of the rear body panel (just behind the headrests) is actually attached to the window. I don't know if you can separate it from the rest of the window, but without it, the top of the body panel is exposed and can look a little frayed (this being issue #1).

The blacked out edges of the new window are different from the old window in that from the outside you can see the back side of the upper rear trim pieces (where the upper seatbelt harness is bolted in). I may get some black cloth to cover it... the sound insulation kinda shows (this being issue #2).

Very important: Get a professional to remove the old window!! The window is held in with a very thick, very strong bead of urethane. I didn't have the patience to do it with a hand knife, I hired someone to cut it out and fit in the new one. If you are determined to DIY, you will need 2 tubes of urethane, maybe more if you are not very good at applying it. You will need 2 people to install, there are little tabs on the inside of the new window frame, you'll need someone outside to push the window in, and someone inside to bend the tabs down. Wear rubber gloves and be careful or the urethane will get everywhere! Have a solvent cleaner standing by just in case. Once the urethane dries you will not be able to remove it from cloth upholstry/interior panels.

If anyone has any question's I'll be more than happy to answer. Pics too if you want them.

Does this mean I'm the first guy with a Titan w/ a power sliding rear window?"

This was on the TitanTalk forum by zx11rider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts