Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SHIFT_Barney Fife
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man this truck is a freakn joke. i have a '05 kc w/ 92,xxx miles on it.. baby the hell out of it.. all synthetic oil every 4,000 miles, tranny fluid w/ amsoil, and diff fluid change every yr.... the driver rear seal was replaced under warrenty. the pass side was just replaced 6 months ago by local mechanic... now its leaking again... gotta go by and see him tues....i had the rear end vent mod thing done after the driver side went out... i have no idea why NISSAN does not have a reacall on the rear end for this truck...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Does your axle vent mod show any sign of fluid coming out there? Is it possible that the differential is too full?

Nice shift handle. I hadn't noticed that before.

·
SHIFT_Barney Fife
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your axle vent mod show any sign of fluid coming out there? Is it possible that the differential is too full?

Nice shift handle. I hadn't noticed that before.

no, the fluid was refilled to the refill plug hole, any more would weep out stopping it from over filling...man, i am a loss for words.. .....

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I know Houston/Katy is flat (used to live in Missouri City) but is it possible that your Titan was not level when the fluid was filled? It's a long shot. There have been so many issues with the seals going bad that none of this is likely to be your fault or anything you could have prevented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts