Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is the situation.I guess this wk and last is the worst week I have.

Sign the contract everything for the truck.The only problem is that there's scratches mark everywhere on the truck.I told them to fix it and won't take it unless they do.So they said that the truck gon be all done by monday.

On monday morning I came.The truck is not done giving lame excuses because of snow on Sat.So I ask them when it gon be ready. He said either tom or wed.

Tuesday I can't even care less to call them up since I have other issue to fix

Today..went back there again...He said he hasn't verify my DAd workplace and the paper work is not ready.The truck has not been touch at all.

So my question...wht kind of dealership ask u to sign everything,make a final deal while the paperwork is not ready?I've given my down payment too btw.And what do the take so long to just clean up the scratches?I wonder what happen if there's something even bigger happening?

Being really really Pissed , I saw an ads at the newspaper at other dealership and they seem to offer a gd price on the same damn truck.So I called them up and ask them whether they for real?and have the truck.They told me that they do.I told them my situation at the other dealer...how much I have to pay /month and APR ect....The person told me that they can even give a better deal..

So my last question is, can I cancel the deal at the first dealer and get my downpayment back??My friend who used to work at the dealership told me that u can as long as u haven't taken and deliver.In this Case I didn't since the damn truck is not ready!

Opinion?
Suggestion??

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went through something similar with the dealership that I got mine at here in Dallas. The passenger side splash guards were missing, the tire pressure warning light was on, and there were scratches and dents in the bed. This upset me and I told the dealership about all this. Oh yeah, the back window leaked also. I would check other dealerships, give them the details on what has happened and see if they can help you out. I wasn't able to trade the truck since I had taken delivery, however, the sales manager at the dealership where I got it was quite helpful. He got me a spray in bedliner, at their expense, had the splash guards put on, and fixed the window and warning light. The salesman was no help, go figure. Keep in mind though there is a Lemon Law, that if they don't fix the problems within 30 days of you informing them, you are protected under that law. If you have to, email, fax, and call as often as possible. Sometimes this will light a fire under their *** and get the ball rolling more quickly. If need be, CC the general manager on emails and faxes. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps u don't understand my post.I haven't taken and deliver the truck.it's still with them untouched.Till today which is 6 days after signing everything, they are not reeady at all.The other dealership has been calling me and tell me to come over there and check it out.I will cancel the deal tom for sure and check the other one because it's my day off.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You signed a contract that said the truck would be in the condition you wanted. If the dealership is not doing their part, it's breach of contract. You should go in there and tell those A holes to pack sand. Either that, or tell them you want the same deal the other dealer is offering. If they can't, or won't match it then tell them the deal is off.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tell them to shove it and give you a new truck.

Titan #1 had bubbles in the hood. I brought it back, they said they'd give me another one just like it -- drive #1 as a "rental." I did.

2 weeks later, Titan #2 showed up -- long story -- found stuff wrong with it, told them to shove that one too, back into Titan #1 for another 3 weeks waiting for the next replacement.

Titan #3 delivered - still in it.

Possession is 9/10th of the law. You don't have it -- they do. You have paperwork that says they're to deliver "X" to you -- you should insist it be in "right out of the plastic" condition when delivered to you.

PS -- no matter what type of deal you arrive at, if you call dealer "A" and ask if they can beat the price, of course they're going to say yes to get you there. As will dealers B,C,D, and so on. Salesmanship 101 in practice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts