Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a notice today for this. Is this what a lot of people had to replace in relation to the ECU, and before the consequent potential failure of the IPDM?

If so, I had better get it in quick.

Since I have reflashed my ECU with the uprev tuned maps, is there any concern here that I am going to lose my ECU re-program?

For security sake, I will make sure I'm switched to the stock map before I take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
According to Nissan, the IPDM failure was really the ECU Relay failing due to silicone vapors inside of it, contaminating the Contacts.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. All they will be doing is replace your Relay, which is done with the engine off. Nothing changes in the ECU itself. No re-flashing is needed for this service. You can feel free to tell them to not flash your ECU for any reason though.

The new Relay has a Nissan Part Number on it, and is sold for just $3 if anyone wants to have a spare, or is not covered by the Recall, but wants greater peace of mind and change it anyway.

FYI anyone: A Relay is basically just a Heavy Duty Switch, controlled by a Light Duty Switch. It is to make things more reliable, and can be remotely located.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had my relay replaced at Wolfchase Nissan in Memphis. Literally took them about 4 minutes, if that. My BCM (at the time) was programmed "without" fog lights and changing the relay changed nothing. They actually reprogrammed my truck to be "with" fogs so they would work. Also had my fuel sending unit (or fuel level sensor) recall done. Does that also apply to your Titan?

·
Registered
765 Posts
They just change a relay which is on the IPDM printed circuit board. They don't touch the IPDM or the ECU. It's a 2 minute task.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts