Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Spoke with Nissan this morning in regards to the white haze that keeps appearing on the bedliner. They told me that there was a notice issued this morning to all dealers and that they will fix the problem. This is good news for all of us who are experiencing this problem. "

Got above information from one of those "other" posts. Anyone know if there's any truth to it? What exactly are they doing to fix it?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't heard of anything official from Nissan on this yet. Anyone out there have any success on getting the spray in bedliner repaired or replaced? Mine is getting very discolored, turning gray. I mentioned it to the dealer when in for another minor repair and all he said is that they're all pretty much doing that. That doesn't help me any!!! Hate to be so picky as to complain about the bedliner on a truck but it's a $35,000 truck for crying out loud. Any tips would be helpful.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would imagine those of you who live in cold climates may not see the cycle of the spray in bedliner. After it has rained a good amount mine will turn milky white. As soon as the sun comes out for a day or two it turns dark black again. The sun has been out here in Cali for a few days now and mine is nice and black again. I'm not going to worry about it even if a TSB is issued unless there is another problem with it other than the color change. Unless of course they will be commissioning Line X or Rhino Liners to spray in an aftermarket one under warranty. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
TitanHauler said:
I would imagine those of you who live in cold climates may not see the cycle of the spray in bedliner. After it has rained a good amount mine will turn milky white. As soon as the sun comes out for a day or two it turns dark black again. The sun has been out here in Cali for a few days now and mine is nice and black again. I'm not going to worry about it even if a TSB is issued unless there is another problem with it other than the color change. Unless of course they will be commissioning Line X or Rhino Liners to spray in an aftermarket one under warranty. :)
I noticed mine starting to get a little hazy when I washed my truck a few months ago. I found a great way to fix it, I quit washing out the bed. I don't even notice the haze under all the dirt, grease and oil.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed mine starting to get a little hazy when I washed my truck a few months ago. I found a great way to fix it, I quit washing out the bed. I don't even notice the haze under all the dirt, grease and oil.

LMAO

·
Registered
86 Posts
It rained for a few days here in Maryland and I notice mine has the white haze on it. It is an 05 Purchased in late January. I will give it a few days and see if it goes away.

Has anyone else heard anything about a recall or fix?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Kuli said:
It rained for a few days here in Maryland and I notice mine has the white haze on it. It is an 05 Purchased in late January. I will give it a few days and see if it goes away.

Has anyone else heard anything about a recall or fix?
I'm sure if you go into the dealership and complain about it enough they will do something for you, but there is no recall or even TSB that I have seen or heard of.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm taking my truck in today, as a matter of fact, for the bedliner bubbling issue. I have actually seen the Nissan letter that describes the problem and what the dealer is supposed to do. I don't know if it is a TSB or not, but I have seen it. In any event, the dealer must take pictures of the bubbling and the area service rep then approves it for work. There are apparently 'repair centers' for the bedliner. Apparently Rhino liners is the 'repair facility' or maybe not since there isn't one in every town so I was told. The original bedliner is made by PPG (the letter stated this).

·
Registered
86 Posts
My white haze went away with the Sun coming out for a few days.

I will keep an eye on it.

·
Banned
775 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There is a NOTICE not a TSB for bubbling out there, but nothing about the milk screen you guys speak of, It has to be a chemical reaction to the acid rain, but what can they really do about it?
the bubbling ones has to sent to approved body shops, and Nissan is responsible for letting them know what chemicals to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts