Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy here local that said he would sell and install a Valley class III receiver hitch for 150 bucks? I was wondering, it looks like it is installed by using 4 bolts. Is this true? Cause if so I think I could intsall that myself. But the point I'm trying to get across is: Is that a good buy?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Most hitches are held on with 4 grade 8 bolts. So far as the price, what is the hitch rated for, so far as weight? 247parts has OEM Nissan hitch

Reciever Hitch

Rated up to 7,500 lbs.(for vehicles not equipped with Big Tow Package).
Custom Nissan frame-mounted design for secure towing strength.
7-pin connector mounted to the outside of the reciever hitch for easy connection to trailer wiring(all Titans are pre-wired for Reciever Hitch).
Accepts either Class III or Class IV hitch ball mounts(sold seperately).
Refer to owner's manual or Nissan Towing Guide for specific towing information.

(dang it, I didn't copy price! I think it is $196.00 but you are getting the 7 pin connector with it)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BiXLL said:
Most hitches are held on with 4 grade 8 bolts. So far as the price, what is the hitch rated for, so far as weight?
Not real sure on what the rating is, but I have checked their website and it says that all hitches are a class III. So I am thinking maybe somewhere in the range on 3500 to 6000 lb? Only things I could possibly be towing would be a 16.5' Nitro bass boat, horse trailer w/ 3 to 4 cows ranging from 500lb to 1200 lb, and maybe a small pop-up camper.(Not all at the same time. ha,haha ha) I think that this class III hitch would cover all of that. I've always kinda been blank about the aspect of towing cause my family growing up never had a need for pulling a trailer or etc.. But now I have run into a few things from time to time where I need a trailer hitch.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I was meaning to show how the OEM will come with the 7 pin connecter, and the relays to hook up the electrical for the lights.

·
Registered
507 Posts
BiXLL said:
I was meaning to show how the OEM will come with the 7 pin connecter, and the relays to hook up the electrical for the lights.
You will also know exactly what the tow rating is if you go with an OEM hitch!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts