Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a long while since I've visited because I thought my chance to get a Titan had passed. I was originally looking in late November and asked for member expertise on lessons learned. It took me a lot longer then I expected to sell my 2000 Cougar, but I sold it on Tuesday night and picked up my new Titan on Wednesday! I hadn't been in one since I drove the original back in November but wow does it feel good!

Now I'm full of more questions:
Does anyone have the Bassani exhaust? Thoughts?

What's the best bug/rock deflector for the hood? How much?

Where to get a Volant intake? How much?

Is a CanBack style topper/shell available? If not, where to get a "raised" topper/shell for the bed? I've found a few basic ones, but I'm looking for one like this: Leer 180 or Leer 122

·
Registered
168 Posts
:D Welcome, highgeer! Congrats on the new Titan and you sure ask alot of questions. hehehe I'm not so much interested in these products, so I haven't been looking. But I bet someone here is and has....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
glad to have you back and also happy to see you got your titan :D good luck with your mods, wish i can help but dont have any of these products

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Welcome, Highgeer. I just installed my Lund deflector this afternoon. No holes to drill and there is still access behind it to clean (although small). Understand the OEM deflector has supports behind it that make washing difficult.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome back, stranger! :lol:

I've got the OEM style deflector. I really like it. There's still room to clean behind it, even though I've only washed it once since I installed. It's a very clean look. Follows the hood lines VERY well.

There are several reviews and such here on the site. Look in the Mods section, Good,Bad & Ugly section, as well as the Review section on the homepage.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome back HighGear, and congrats on finally gettin that Titan!

I have the Lund Interceptor bug shield and have been very pleased with it!

The best price I have seen on the volant is from Socalmotorsports.com. Their web site don't work too good, but if you do a search on Ebay for Nissan Titan Volant, his add will come up. I am trying to get him to come on as a sponsor here, but it is a slow process! Hopefully I will get him in here, and he will offer club discounts.

Can't help you so far as the topper!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok - it seems the Bassani exhaust hasn't been a top choice for Titan owners, though I think it's still top on my list. Anyone out there have the Borla?

For those with the Lund Interceptor - which is what I was mostly considering - how much did you pay and where? Also, I'd love to see some pics to see how much of the hood it covers.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
got mine from garage toys, but don't remember what I payed. People have been having trouble with them lately with slow or no delivery. There is a link to them in the links section if you want to try them.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Got mine from a local truck accessories dealer. $58. No pics, but BiXll showed one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! BiXLL, that looks very nice. I see you also have a smoke truck and it looks like you got the smoke deflector.

I debated going with a clear bra again, like I had on my Cougar, but one big rock made that plastic film look flimsy. Plus, it was hard to keep the edge line - where the bra ended - clean on my dark car.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good to see a return, now, TITAN owner. What a deal to get your TITAN, but you are home now :wink:

BTW Bixll like what you did to your av.. The TITAN windshield topper looks GREAT...............

·
Registered
15 Posts
Leer Topper and Accessories

I have a Leer 100 series on my truck and I really like it. It flows well with the lines of the truck and seems to be very high quality; although the design of the Titan's tailgate creates the need for a large plastic molding on the bottom of the rear glass. You have to be careful not to flex it too much, well at least I have been babying it. I imagine all tops will have a similar design though.

I have been waiting for the results of other members as far as the exhaust goes...my choices are down to the Banks, Flowmaster, and Gibson.

Several companies are producing bug deflectors for the Titan which are for the most part smoke color; BUT LUND released a stainless version (100 bucks) which willl look good on SE/LE Titans especially those with black grill guards.

I am still researching grill guards but I plan to go with a powder coat black one with 2 130watt KCs between the headlights and 2 55watt KCs in the billet bumper insert (similar to Boone's Titan). I plan to top it off with the Stainless deflector. I will post picks once the mods are complete...still savin $$$ though. 8)

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Concrats on the new purchase. I'm sure you'll love it.
I got the Lund Interceptor bug shield off Ebay from exotic trucks or exotica. Their outta Fl. 49.00 + 15 s&h, which I thought was steep till I got it 2 days later.
There's lot of exhaust threads. I have a custom flowmaster 70 series. Sounds good, but a little too tame.
When you get your Volant, just add an extra to your cart for me :D
Enjoy!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts