Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clifford 50.5 remote start/security system on my truck. I recently had to replace the remote and everything works but truck wont stay running on remote start option. It fires up then immediately dies. If i start the truck with the key and push the button to leave the truck running but remove the key the starter engages. Everything worked fine before and the lock and unlock are working even with the new remote....

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Thats something you are going to have to address with your installer. My guess is for what ever reason, your truck is not recognising the key loop from your remote system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think I messed something up by installing new remote because it worked fine before....i wonder if i messed up programming while trying to program the remote...I tried to do the tach learn procedure but it is not doing anything....thanks anyway

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kept looking at the install manual and went out and changed the remote start to look at the voltage instead of the tach while starting.....now it works. Is anyone else running theirs set up this way....I had it installed by a shop so i'm not sure how it was set up originally....i tried to do the tach learn procedure several time with no luck...wonder if the shop even hooked up this option?....if anyone else has any please post them.....thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clifford remote starts can be programmed to 4 remotes at once. If your installer used a bitwriter tool to program your options, he could actually set different options for each remote. Each remote is assigned a number in its memory 1,2,3,4. When the features are programmed you have to specify which remote you are programing for. Since the 50.5 only comes with one remote he probably programmed for remote #1 and entered voltage sensing. When you programmed a new remote, the remote start saw it as remote #2 and used the factory default settings which include tach sensing.
If you want to have all the remotes work the same way the installer has to choose remote #0 to apply the settings to all remotes programmed.
The purpose of this feature is to allow different users to have there own preferences like different run times or auto lock or not and things like that. If you the type to play with such things you can by a Bitwriter for about $100 bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with xlr8 100%. It sounds like it has something to do with that if that is all you did. We program at zero remote so that never comes up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts